• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phone Provisioning Ignoring Template? Grandstream GXP2120

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgrathwohl

Reaction score
Whenever our GXP 2120's get re-provisioned automatically by the 3CX, it puts all the rings at Custom Ring 1, 2 ,3 which has a voice attendant say outloud "Incoming call from CallerID" our users hate this. very quick fix in the phone firm ware but doing it every couple of days is annoying. I pulled up the GXP 2120 template in 3cx and specified everywhere I could find to use System Ring Tone instead of custom rings, but it still reset yesterday on re-provision.

Anyone have a nice template for GXP 2120 or any advice on fixing this? I'm fairly fed up with it, it didn't happen until re-installing 3CX due to some trouble we had, so the original installer told me he modified the XML to make it work. Well i did that to and i think i'm missing something here, and they lost their reseller license for not helping us when the re-install stuff went down.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: Phone Provisioning Ignoring Template? Grandstream GXP212

I do not have a 2120 to test.
I would recommend provisioning a phone from 3cx.
Exporting the config (is this possible in the 2120?)
Make the change and export the config again.
Open both files in NotePad+ and run the Compare File plugin.

Indeed you must change the template within 3CX. Change the default ringer and then look for event match internal, external queue and select your desired ringer 1-3

i did edit the template from within 3cx, i will try the notepad+ reccomendation, but everywhere i found a reference to ringer i changed it to =0 (0 being system default ring according to the commented code)

The editor does not matter. You did not change the correct P values

P Values were modified unless im missing something? Here is what i changed all the ring setting locations in the template to:

# Matching Rule 1 Distinctive Ringtone
0 - system ring tone, 1 - system ring tone, 2 - system ring tone, 3 - system ring tone. Default is 0.
# Number: 0, 1, 2, 3
# Mandatory
P1489 = 0

All of them had P1489

John:

I emailed you a modified template. Try it and follow the directions to a T. It will get rid of the caller ID ringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sprice352
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.