Phone Provisioning Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by amohod, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amohod

Hi,

I am facing issue with phone provisioning. These are listed as below
    1> The Yealink T46 phone web password remains the default after doing phone provisioning from 3cx console
    2> When we press message button on Yealink T46 phone it does not connect to voicemail....if we go and check the phone webpage it is not setup
    3> On Yealink T23 when we provision the phone but we get status message in 3CX console as "Phone Provisioning Problem". I have done re-provision multiple time but this error remains same.
    4> In phone templates i see three version of T23 and T46 templates. Not sure which one is right one.

I have done upgrade of 3cx and phone templates but it does not solve the problem. The 3cx version is 12.0.41311.996 SP 6.2.

Please advice how to solve these issues. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
    Avinash

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

a number of issues:

First - wIth the multiple choices of a given template you will need to edit each and determine which are needed and delete the ones that are not. I assume that either restores may have been done which reloaded some older templates into the existing directory or that somehow an update did not overwrite the old. You should give custom templates different names.

WIth the t46, log into the phone and get its MAC and IP addresses. Go to the phones tab and see if the t46 shows in the phone tab and is able to be assigned to an extension. See if the MAC and IP agree with what the phone indicated. Assign to an extension and then (after waiting a few minutes) go into the 3CX console and compare the MAC from the phone to that in the extension provisioning tab to make sure they are the same. If the phone does not provision after a few minutes, then do a factory reset and try again.

With the t23 do the same verification of phone MAC and IP and compare to what 3CX has and try again. If this does not work, then delete the extension, re-add, factory reset the phone and re-assign the extension and provision.

Once done, try againon the and if needed, delete the extension and then re-add and reprovision using the desired template.

3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

The latest Yealink templates under 12.0 are for 12.5 and there is a note in the update page not to use them with 12.0. I suggest you update your 3CX to 12.5 and delete the older provisioning templates. This will ensure your system is compatible with the latest templates and will remove the obsolete ones. Also I'm pretty sure the T23 is only supported on 12.5 officially.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. amohod

Lifeline...thanks for your reply...In 3cx phone system update I can see the updated version as 3cx phone system version 12 service pack 6.2. Is this right version?

5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

What I was referring to is the "Updates, Phone Provisioning Updates". If you update to the newest Yealink template it will be newer than recommended for V12 and may have compatibility issues.

I highly recommend that you upgrade your 3CX to 12.5 and then download the latest templates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. amohod

Both 3cx and phone provision templates is up to date to latest version. What else you want me check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.