Phone Provisioning through Tunnel

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JRayfield, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRayfield

I have a 3CX phone system set up at my office/shop.

I have a Grandstream GXP2010 at my home.

I have the Tunnel Proxy Manager/Server running on a PC at my home.

The Grandstream phone is connecting and working with the 3CX Phone System, just fine, through the Tunnel.

But, I'm trying to use Provisioning to reprogram some of the buttons on the phone (change BLF settings).

If I have STUN turned off in the GXP2010, then from the Phones node in 3CX, I can't reboot the GXP2010. In this case, the GXP2010 is shown with it's 'local' IP address (192.168.0.143).

If I have STUN turned on in the GXP2010, then from the Phones node in 3CX, I can reboot the GXP2010. When I click on "Reprovision Phones", the GXP2010 will reboot. Clicking on "Reboot" will also cause the GXP2010 to reboot.

But, even when the GXP2010 reboots, the buttons (programmed for BLF keys) will not change to match how I've got them set up in the 3CX Phone System Manager for this extension.

What am I doing wrong?

John Rayfield, Jr.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

A remote phone still has to access port 5000 in order to get the configuration file and the phone has to have the configuration file field set to the appropriate provisioning string.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JRayfield

Ahhhh... Port 5000. That's my mistake. Thanks Kerry!

John

4. cfive

cfive Member

So, if the remote extension is registered via the 3xc tunnel proxy - is the provisioning URL the local IP of the 3xc server, or does /provisioning have to be accessible via the public IP:5000?

In other words, I suppose, can remote extensions which connect via tunnel proxy be provisioned in the same manner as local extensions. What configuration needs be done manually on the remote phone, and what configurations need be made on the 3cx end router?

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

The tunnel is only for the voice handling, it has nothing to do with provisioning. You would still need to provisioning using http and the appropriate port number that the 3CX web service is running on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.