• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phone Provisioning URL does not change when selecting NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimbobNZ

Reaction score
3CX: 15.0.59381.0
OS: Linux 3cx 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2 (2016-10-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

When selecting/changing the 'Network Card Interface' under 'Network Settings', I would expect the Phone Provisioning URL to change as well to reflect the new IP address.

Work around solution was to manually go through the 'Custom Parameters' under 'Parameter Settings', and change the original IP address to the new one.

Parameters had to be changed manually:
CMEXTERNALINTERFACE
DEFAULTLOCALIP
MSEXTERNALINTERFACE
TNL_CLIENT_LISTEN_INTERFACE
PROVISIONING_LINK_LOCAL
PROVISIONING_LINK_LOCAL_SEC
MANAGEMENT_LINK_LOCAL
MANAGEMENT_LINK_LOCAL_SEC

Hey JimbobNZ,

why did you change the Interface main card settings?
Have you changed the local IP of the System?

When moving version from 14 to 15 I built a new machine and allow it to obtain an IP address via DHCP. Once the updates where applied and the 3CX backup had been restored all I need to do is change the IP address from a DHCP IP to a static IP matching the IP address of the previous 3CX v14 server.

Then its just a matter of turning off the previous 3CX (v14) server and the everything is just seamless with minimal down time. This method means I don't have to change the NAT tables on the firewall or make changes to the DNS or DHCP servers.

Hope this explains why I had to change the IP address of the interface card.

Hello there,
Please note that the recommended procedure for changing the local IP address after an installation is to backup the system without including license and FQDN information, un-install and re-install with the correct local IP address..
Although you changed the parameters manually you may still face issues so i would recommend you follow the procedure described above.

So let me get this right. It's recommend not to change the IP address of the 3CX server, unless you do a backup and restore process first.

So is this a known limitation or a defect of version 15. I don't remember having this problem with Versions 9,10,11 & 12.

Without being a developer this is neither a defect nor a limitation. This is what we recommend and it is the supported procedure to follow when the local IP of the PBX changes. Changing the local IP affects too many important functions and in a more complex system like V15 it is best to take a backup without including license and FQDN (which include network settings) and reinstall restoring from backup.

Can you us
#sudo /usr/sbin/3CXWizard -1-cleanup
to change Ip address of local IP?

What is the proper process to uninstall 3cx v15 Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.