• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phone Quality Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitesh Patel

Reaction score
Hi. we have a 3cx system here and we have a 100mb/100mb internet speed and a sonicwall..
we are having issues with phone quality where sometimes the quality doesn't allow you to understand the person on the other end..

i have run a speed test and it get 90mb up and 90mb down.

anyone know how to resolve this issue

thanks

Please provide a bit more information about the set up. All on the same LAN? What type of sets? Is this affecting only outside calls or internal calls as well? have you run a latency test at all?

All the phones are on the same LAN most of the user use the 3cx softphone not a actual phone. we dont make alot of internal calls mostly all the calls are external. any recommeded Latency test you think i should run?

here is a Latency i test from a website:

Packets Lost: None
Latency: 93.331ms
Jitter: 4ms

Results seem acceptable. How are internal calls? Any issue at all? You say most users use the softphone. Do the users that don't, have the same issue? Did this issue just start, or has it been ongoing from day one? Are all external calls over one provider/route?

never really tested internal calls.. users without softphones also have a issues as well and this issue has been going on for awhile now and all the calls go over the same network and WAN.. currently we are on version 12 and i am looking to upgrade to version 15 since there is a new codec available in that version that i am hoping can resolve the phone quality issue

SIP ALG turned off on your firewall?

this issue has been going on for awhile now and all the calls go over the same network and WAN..

So...it wasn't this way originally? What changed about that time? New hardware (switch) on the network?

apparently it has always been like this for as long as i have been here which is a year now..i will check the firewall.. we use a sonicwall

so SIP Consistant NAT is disabled on my sonicwall.. should that be enabled?

What are you doing on your LAN besides phone? How many users? You can get a decent POE Netgear 24 port GigE switch for $250.

we have about 80 users.. on the LAN we have users connected to sql servers alot and copying and moving backup files around

That's traffic.
$1000 you have 4 GigE switches and QOS. I think the network is killing the audio, but I could be wrong.

Those switches also look for loops, bad cabling, and crc errors.

While it certainly could be a switch issue, I would first suggest running a packet capture on the 3CX Server to get a call that has bad audio, then check if the audio is arriving 'broken' from the Provider side or if it being transmitted onto the network fine, which would then imply something wring with the switches.

Although I know you said you don't do internal calls, that would be a pretty good way of checking if the switches may be at fault or not.

consistant nat on sonicwall and QoS the SBC or PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.