Phone re-register every 24 hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tomsfood, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomsfood

I have a number of Snom 710 and 720 phones and about every 24 hours they go through the cycle of disconnecting from the 3cx server and then registering. The process takes 5 minutes. Is there a way to schedule this process so it does not happen during business hours, or extend the registration timeout?

The phones will indicate "not registered" and then will register in the 5 minute window.

Extension 4137 is unregistered, removed contact: sip:4137@10.124.4.137:32769;line=6yxc3k1a
    Extension 4131 is registered, contact: sip:4131@10.124.4.131:57256;line=ed2oaqwh

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I believe snom phones check their config every 24 hours by default and this could cause them to reboot if they find something different. I would suggest if you have not done so already, to upgrade them to 8.7.5.35 because in this firmware, most of the times they can update their config without restarting at all.

Alternatively you could get into the phones UI under Advanced -> Update and disable Update Automatically.

3. Chib@voip

We have multiple Yealink phones that re-register a few times per day. Some days more ofthen than others.
    And only once in a few days, 1 phone doesnt re-register itself.
    In the Extension View panel it shows Unregistered, but they can still call on the extension, but cant receive any calls.
    Why do these phone reregister themselves multiple times per day?

4. tomsfood

I am running 8.7.5.35 on the phones, I did read about a problem with DHCP expiration's causing a problem - but all my phones are set up as static IP.

I do have some Yealink T48G phones that don't exhibit this problem. I try adjusting the automatic update setting and see if that helps.

5. tomsfood

I've traced the problem to my sonicwall. We have our sonicwalls set up with a 4g modem failover in case the primary internet goes down. To monitor the primary internet the sonicwall sends a probe out, I have it configured to use two probes, one using sonicwall's recommended server and a second using a ping to googles DNS server (8.8.4.4).

At random times both tests will fail and the sonicwall will go into failover mode for the primary internet. This causes the active VPN tunnels to our 3CX server to drop. Usually in less than a minute the primary will come back up and the Sonicwall will rebuild the VPN tunnels and things will be fine again until the next probe failure (10-24 hours).

The Snom 710 and 720 phones that we have seem particularity sensitive to the VPN being briefly dropped. There is a 5 minute retry timer in the provisioning template; I have attempted to change it to 1 minute but upon reprovisioning it goes back to 5 minutes. I am continuing to work on the provisioning template to see if I can adjust the settings to minimize the impact from the sonicwall failover.

6. dig1234

We have nothing but headaches from sonicwalls. Their firmware is so buggy and every release adds more bugs. Currently looking into alternatives.

I've noticed that 8.8.4.4 (or 8.8.8.8) does not like to be constantly pinged. It will stop responding to pings for awhile and then come back later. As for why the sonicwall server goes down, well..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.