Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phone recommendation for shared line setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adamadam, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamadam

I'm in the process of updating our small business from a POTS with an old Key System to a VOIP setup because we are in need of the additional features. We have four lines, and have shared line appearance (SLA, or shared parking) as a necessary requirement due to the nature of our workflow. One of the primary reasons I'm evaluating 3CX is because from what I've read it is one of the only reliable, easy to configure SLA solutions in the VOIP world right now.

I've spent a lot of time reading up on these things, and pouring over these forums, but I'm struggling with one question: what VOIP phones are compatible with the shared parking feature in 3CX? By compatible, I mean extension lamps light up when in use, flash when on hold, and if the shared extension is on hold it can be answered by pushing the extension button from any phone. Basically, I'm looking for emulation of a Key System for a subset of my phones.

From what I've read, not all VOIP phones are fully compatible with a shared line setup, but maybe I am mistaken. I need to buy 10 phones, each with 4 or 6 lines (to replace our existing normal phones), and I'd hate to drop that much money on phones only to find out they don't work with SLA.

Do you have 4 or 6 line phones in your own SLA setup that you've found work well? I'd be grateful for any feedback on this matter, especially if you can provide specific phone model numbers.

Thanks for the help!

2. dannybrook

Cisco SPA5xx or Polycom 550/650 will both work. I'm pretty sure Snom and Yealink will work too, but I've only used the BLF fields with Cisco and Polycom. It's a pretty standard SIP configuration, but 3CX makes it easy by allowing you to configure BLF/SLA with dropdown menus!

3. adamadam

Thanks for the recommendations Danny. Much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.