Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phone Registration and Web Control Panel

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Arvand, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arvand

Hello everyone,

I've installed the trial of 3CX. If I can get all the features that we need, we'll be going with the Enterprise + call center module. However, I'm running into 2 issues -

1) Phone registration -

I'm using a soft phone (Kayako) to connect. It comes up with a Forbidden error. I'm using the extension as the UserID and User Auth and the password I specified in 3CX as the password. On the 3CX side, I get -

16:07:23.021 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 69.72.149.42 tid=Pjeec3be9b1ee840cf80b357c6f94c6c1b cseq=REGISTER contact=861@192.168.2.2:5060 / 10454 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

Is there anywhere to see which password its seeing entered?

2) The web interface is currently only accessible locally. Externally, we get -

http://69.72.149.42:5000/

Anyone know how to enable that?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Check the following:

1. Port forwarding to 3CX (port 5000 (!), 5060, 5090, 9000 - 9049). Run 3CX firewall checker.

2. Can you register and operate your sofphones in the local network ?

3. Have you allowed extensions to register out of LAN ?

It looks like you are trying to register internal extensions through public address (69.72.149.42) ?
    Can you share more details about your network topology?

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Arvand

Hello,

Thank you for your response -

1. Port forwarding to 3CX (port 5000 (!), 5060, 5090, 9000 - 9049). Run 3CX firewall checker.

The port is actually taking the browser to the website within IIS. However, the website is pushing back a forbidden message. I'm thinking there is a place where I can enable access from outside of the LAN?

2. Can you register and operate your sofphones in the local network ?

There is no local network. We all work remotely and the server is hosted in a datacenter. We need to be able to connect to the phone server over WAN.

3. Have you allowed extensions to register out of LAN ?

I believe this is what I need to do but haven't found where to do it.

It looks like you are trying to register internal extensions through public address (69.72.149.42) ?

Yes. As the server is remote.

Can you share more details about your network topology?

As outlined above.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Still run a firewall checker. There might some kind of firewall issue. I'm accessing my 3cx server on port 5000, which is behind a router (Cisco), from a list of addresses (access-list) using port forwarding. No reason for not being able to do this in your case (public address of 3CX server).

Regarding extensions, you need to allow 'use outside of LAN' in extension settings | other (default is 'forbidden' is version 10). Also you may need to set 'PBX delivers audio' for remote extensions (all of yours).

Try also using the 3CX softphone as remote extension, with or without a tunnel.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.