Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phone Registration Help!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alisdair, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alisdair

Hi,

I am trying to register a remote phone, as far as I am aware everything is setup correctly, the firewall checker passes everything but I get the following error in the server activity log

"Got REGISTER for foreign registrar: registrar host <sip:mad:myoutsideip:5060> is not mine!"

The myoutsideip is my ip address from our broadband supplier and is static.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Al

2. netswork

netswork Active Member

Under network - stun server do you have your external IP in the "static public IP" box?

Also check under "advanced" "custom Parameters" and look for "CMExternalAddress" and "MSExternalAddress", it should have your external IP listed there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Alisdair

Awesome will try, we have an A record setup for name.websiteaddress.co.uk as this forwards to our 3cx server can I use that instead of the IP?

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

It needs the IP in those fields on the 3cx server for SIP reasons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. netswork

netswork Active Member

On the phone you could try the DNS name...I have never tried that though. Is your remote phone behind a nat device?

6. netswork

netswork Active Member

This link may be of help to you if you have not already looked it over.
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.