Phone rings from external PSTN call but no audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sparticle, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparticle

Hi,

My 3CX is a new fresh clean XP SP2 box with all updates and a shiny new 3CX install that is fully upto the second. However, I cannot get any sound, my system passes all firewall tests perfectly. no sound internally between extensions. aprt form hearing various system prompts. Extensions can dial each other pefectly, register perfectly etc. Just no audio on any call including leaving a VM even though the prompts play fine.

Any ideas, going back tolinux other wise.

Cheers
    Stephen

2. h2009

h2009 Member

Are there any error messages in your server log?
    Are your phones using a compatible codec?
    Does your router/firewall show any issues from internal ip address's?
    Have you got your extensions set to pass PBX audio (the tick box)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MajoR_Mess

Yeah, work on your clients first. No point in trying the outside world if your extensions are not talking.

Only things it can be is the audio rtp UDP ports are blocked or incompatible codec configs between client and server. Make sure you turn off any firewalling on your server while testing. Actually if using a NAT to your server there is really no need for a firewall on the server anyway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.