Phone startup options

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tris, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tris

Some of the settings in the phone (such as the default status) don't seem to be stored anywhere. Is there a way (e.g. command line options, hidden settings, registry entries, etc) to work around this? For example, is there a way to get the phone to startup with "auto-answer" enabled, or does the user have to set it every time then login?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Tris,

I assume you mean the phone is provisioned, the only way around this unless your phone has the option to not re provision on start up is to set it up manually, not sure what logging in and out method you are using.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tris

Thanks Mark. Not sure what you mean by provisioned, but I do realise I have expressed myself rather badly.
    When I say login/logout, I mean the standard windows login. Not the IP phone.
    Very simply, when I login to Windows, my 3CX IP phone starts automatically and registers with nicely with my PBX. The only thing I can't get to to do is remember to start in auto-answer mode.
    If I set it to do so it works fine until I shut down the phone. When I start it up again, I have to manually put it back into auto-answer mode. Not a big deal, but would be nice to automate the whole process.

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Tris,

This setting cannot be saved, as it is a setting that is done while you are using it. i suggest you post a feature request in the features request section.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tris

Thanks again Mark. Will do.

6. mfm

mfm Active Member

You welcome. :mrgreen:

7. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Tris
    Tris, answering mode is not saved on purpose, and the reason is following:
    if last answering mode is Away (DND), on next startup phone will start in this mode and, as usual, hidden. Therefore, if user is not aware of this, he will never get incoming calls until he will see the DND mode is active.

Regards
    vali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.