Phone status not honored

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bart, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bart

L.S.

Currently we are experiencing troubles using the MyPhone phone status and the actual ringing behaviour of our physical phones.

For example: An incoming call (from our external sip line) is configured to be forwarded to a ringgroup. In this ringgroup are 3 extention from wich 1 is in away or out of office mode (both modes are configured to send the call to my voicemail for internal AND external calls).

When I call in from my cellphone thru the sip line my phone keeps ringing regadless its status in MyPhone. When I try to call my number from my collegues phone the call gets redirected correctly to my voicemail.

Is it normal that an external call routed thru a ringgroup ignores the MyPhone status?

Greetings
    Bart

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

This is normal. If a call comes in on a ring group the extensions phone status will be ignored and the phone will ring.
    I don't know many companies that would want customers calling into a queue or a ring group and because 1 extension is at lunch all the calls go to voice mail or forward to this agents mobile phone.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bart

Hello Nate,

The call shouldn't be transferred to the voicemail, when using a hunt group I would like it not to try to ring an extention that is out of office or away.

Is this possible in another way?

Thanx!
    Bart

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hi Bart,
    you could use a Queue instead, this means agents log out when out of the office and in turn their phone is ignored. This is your option in this case.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.