Phone suddenly announces caller ID audibly

Discussion in 'Windows' started by north7, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north7

I have 3cx v12 with grandstream 1405 and snom 320 phones in a ring group. a few days ago, one of the grandstream 1405 phones began audibly announcing caller ID when an incoming call occurs. It speaks the number out loud when it rings.

Only one of our phones does this, a grandstream gxp 1405 with 1.0.5.32 firmware. The other two 1405's and Snom 320s do not do this. I cannot find anywhere in the phone's web interface nor the 3cx interface to control this, nor do any searches for this info yield answers. I actually like the feature, but not on the particular phone it occurs on.

We did not make any changes at the time this started happening, in fact it has been months since we even logged into the console, so I'm not sure why it started happening just now. :?:

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

2. north7

WOW, the "Unsupported phone" thing is really tacky. Way to make it hard for the thousands of us who have these phones to search for answers...

3. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

LOL.. ..silly 3CX.

Anyways, be sure you are using the Gr@ndstream provided templates. Then go into the template and edit it. The spoken callerid is the default ringtone so you will just change that. On a side note, since it is an unsupported IP phone, there's no need to keep the firmware there. I would upgrade it to the latest firmware (currently 1.0.7.4)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. north7

I'll be darned, I found it. For some reason the other phones were stuck on a different ring and I have no idea how this one phone got changed, but now I know.

So is that a Gr@andstream only ringtone option, or is the PBX 'doing the talking' because there are a couple other extensions we'd like to do that with, but they are Snom 320s and gxp 2000 phones.

Learn something new every day...

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is not 3Cx doing the talking. It just happens to be one of the ring tone options for that particular set. You would have to investigate as to whether other makes of sets also offer that feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.