• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phone System 12 Installer and port 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudolf Zlabinger

Reaction score
Phone System 12 Installer reports port 5000 as in use, and stops. The log contains the messages

"Product: 3CX PhoneSystem -- The specified port is in use: 5000, Action ended 06:22:51: PortIsNotFreeHTTP. Return value 3".
MSI (c) (78:E4) [06:22:51:951]: Doing action: FatalError

How to overcome, as ports cannot arbitrarily set "out of use". Is there a possibility to choose ports to be used by installation before the installation process? Or is it impossible at all to install 3CX phone system 12 on my system in that case ?

I am using your software mainly to expand my experience in telecommunications by practice. Any information is welcome.

Regards Rudolf Zlabinger

Best bet is to find what IS running on port 5000...and uninstall.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080810132332AAr5nSv

Thank you, I already did it, there was another phoner, but not using this port, there are system internal issues also , as TCP listening to port 5000 and more, I will collect all info about port 5000 and see what I can do. Nevertheless, I see, I am not alone...

My experience and testing has always been on a clean windows installation - so after windows updates, 3cx has been my first and only install. Though I know not everyone has this luxury...

The program using port 5000 is wininit.exe, there is nothing to repair. My OS, Windows 7 Home Premium is not a target system for 3CX phone system, as they are Windows 7 Pro or Enterprise only. So I am sorry.....

unsupported software will cause issues. glad you figured it out.

You'd be better purchasing SBS 2011 than windows 7 pro if you dont already have box with that license. From experience you will have nothing but problems and no way to determine what they are if using a unsipported OS ie server 2003, Vista...

Why would you say do not use Win 7 Pro?
It is supported and I use it on all my systems...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,057
Never change a stable system. 3CX for me is only a experimental base to get firm with phone technology by pure interest, so I am looking for software compatible with my OS rather than going into troublesome work to change my stable W 7. But there seems to be another package of 3CX without these restrictions, I have downloaded already to my second 32 Bit system without the port 5000 problem. Let´s see, maybe, that´s also compatible. I will inform you after successful Implementation of a working phone configuration. Thank you for your contributions nevertheless.

What is this other package you are speaking of?

I have to investigate this in more detail along with the IE address from where I downloaded the package. Maybe, the 32 Bit OS is simply not using port 5000, so that port 5000 there is free. I will post the result asap.

The Phone System Package on the 32 Bit OS, name is DESKTOP, is from
http://erp.3cx.com/downloads/download.aspx.

I downloaded the package also for the 64 Bit OS, name is ERAZER, from there, to verify.

Port 5000 is used by wininit.exe also on DESKTOP, but no problem did arise during installation of Phone System there, on ERAZER the installation stopped as described due to port 5000 in use.

I cannot give a reasonable explanation in the moment. Maybe there was configuration changes causing port 5000 to be used since installation of the package on DESKTOP, and port 5000 was free at installation time.

link goes nowhere.

I tested the link just now successfully, it is a 3CX website.

Are you perhaps a partner and logged in when you do that?
All I get is a:
"The product code supplied is not valid."

I also get

Review the Form

The product code supplied is not valid.
Back

inside the site, but I ignored.

I was logged on, when I tested the link.

exactly - you were logged in. Not everyone has access to the ERP site... as not all of us are partners. Some are end users.

I am sorry, I don't know about such differences, I created my profile from the beginning, without fulfilling special requirements. In my profile I am classified in the group registered user, rank: new user

@Craigreilly
I've had issues with fax to email using Win7 pro 3cx told me you must have a server software, so we use SBS11 standard (I've a client that just moved to a win7 box said he has no issues with fax to email). Nothing at all wrong wtih Win7 I have the majority of my installs on Win7, probably over 30. But because of the fax to email issue I just find it easier to go with SBS not as expensive as 2008r2 or 2012 but more stable and not much more cost wise. With that being said I've two machines I'm turning up this week both on Win7. I meant Vista or 2003 rt or windows 7 home.

Thank you for infos. I will try Phone System 9, that is specified as compatible with my W 7 home premium. May be some time later, as I am busy now with another experiments on phone communication over PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.