Phone system sending loopback as the media connection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IT Hamster, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IT Hamster

Hello all,

I'm running into an issue with my locally hosted 3CX PBX. The issue is dropped calls, one-way audio, and a few other problems like being unable to leave voicemails.

The Wireshark diagram for an inbound call to my PBX is showing that my PBX is sending a loopback address of 127.0.0.1 as the media connection IP in the SDP of the 200 OK. This is supposed to be sending my public IP and not 127.0.0.1. I'm seeing many a call terminated from the 127.0.0.1 address. --> Leg L:35.2[Ivr] is terminated: Cause: BYE from 127.0.0.1:40600

It's an intermittent issue that doesn't happen all the time, but frequently enough to be causing daily issues with calls.

I have attached the Wireshark diagram (with my Public IP and phone number blocked out for security reasons). I was wondering if any of you have encountered this issue in your environment and know of how I can force the media to use the correct IP and not a local loopback.

Thanks in advance!

IT Hamster

Attached Files:

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Take a look at the SIP provider tab.Go to advanced and you may be able to set the IP desired.

3. IT Hamster

Thanks for that response!

I took a look in that tab setting for my SIP provider and Unfortunately it looks like that is greyed out as an option to change in v14.

I added my Public IP to the Registration settings, if that was what you were referring to.

Thanks again for the help!

Attached Files:

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

yep...that was what i was referring to. let's see how it works now.

5. IT Hamster

So far things are going well!

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.