Phone System Update

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by skeep, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeep

Hi All,

When I go to the phone system update I get a Unable to connect to the remote server error. I want to download the UK system prompts update, is there a way to do this manually. I figure I cannot contact the server as I am behind a firewall.

I really want to get the UK voice up and running as I am presenting the system to my boss straight after christmas and I know he will ask if a UK voice can be used!!

Thanks

Skeep

2. Chris Martin

Hi,

First question: Have you successfully got phones to call each other and outbound and inbound calls?

Second question: Have you got the latest build of version 7?

Would you like to contact one of our partners to assist? I can put you through to someone if you wish to contact me directly. Just PM me whenever.

Rgds,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chris Martin

PS: Updating prompt sets manually is quite hairy and involves delving into the guts of the system. It should be possible to do this via plain http which should be trivial to open on the firewall. If you can browse http://www.3cx.com from the PBX server it should work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. skeep

Hi Chris thanks for your reply.

I am using version 7 and at the moment the calls are just between voip phones for testing purposes.

I can browse to the http://www.3cx.com no problem in IE but when i update it does not work. I thought i would be clever and download the language pack at home and copy the folder across but as you say it is not that straight forward.

is there a way to do this manually then?

5. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

This should work. And we know it works for us and practically everybody else.

Please advise which language pack you are trying to download, and what seems not to work for you. Please note that after it is downloaded, you will need to set it as the active promptset. Otherwise, the default promptset will continue to be used by the system even if another one is available.

Please advise.

Regards

Kevin

6. skeep

when I go to phone system update it takes ages and then it says:

The following errors occurred when checking the updates: Error: Unable to connect to the remote server, Error:Unable to connect to the remote server, Error:Unable to connect to the remote server, Error:Unable to connect to remote server, Error: Unable to contact to the remote server.

This may be because I am behind a proxy server? Or maybe the firewall. Either way it does not work!

7. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

The PBX requires direct access to the internet, without passing through an HTTP proxy.

Regards

Kevin

8. skeep

bingo connected directly to the internet and it is fine

9. Bulmershe

Hi There,

When I click on 3CX Phone System Updates - Other Updates, I get the error "The http server cannot be reached. Please check the connection to the web server".

I then stumbled across this post and the above comment; "The PBX requires direct access to the internet". Someone please tell me this is an old post and newer versions of 3CX are able to connect to the update service via a proxy server! We are a UK secondary school that is connected to the (formerly named) Ja.Net service. There is no way we will ever be able to bypass the proxy for our internet access.

Best Regards,
    Keith.

10. AndyBarr

Hi Keith,

I have had a similar issue, some options (licensing) require the IE proxy to be explicitly set (no automatically update) and some things just down work - software updates.

I had even tried using netsh winhttp for proxy settings but still no joy.

In the end I had to move our VM to my laptop take it home get it working with the internet, update and then move it back.

Andy

11. Bulmershe

Hi Andy,

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's obviously something that isn't going to be "fixed" anytime soon so I'll look at ways to get around it.

Taking the VM home is one way I could do it. The other way might be to temporarily move the server on to our WiFi VLAN which has a transparent proxy. If that works, I guess I'll have to look at trying to set up a permanent transparent proxy solution for the 3CX server.

Keith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.