• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

phone templates problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdages

Reaction score
Can someone explain me how to use individual customized phone templates in V15, because I'm doing something wrong or it don't work.

In V14 I could easily change the phone template in the extension configuration page. In V15 I don't see how to change the template.

Under Settings Template, I can copy a template and give them a new name. But, it seems not possible to edit the template in place of the configuration page. I found my copied template in filesystem under %programdata%\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\xxxxxxxxx\CustomTemplates\phones and edit it with a text editor.
It seems not possible anymore to change the template in extensions/phone provisioning config page. So I press on delete, next to add and could choose my individual template.
file.php

Under "phones page" I pressed on reprovisioning and phone restartet.
But still with the settings of the original template. Under phones there is button "+Config" that opens an "Edit Template" window. But editing isn't possible. I suppose it shows me the current used template of a selected phone and this isn't the one I have selected in the extension/provisioning tab.

Currently I don't see any other way to use customized phone templates. In previous V14 it was clearly and easy to use, but this new "Zero Admin" in V15 means really zero. :shock:

regards
Markus

Attachments

• phonetemplchange1.JPG
    phonetemplchange1.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 502
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.