• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

phone to use with 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellcrowe

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi

we would like to know which phones people like to use with 3CX

we used to use SNOM and they are very good - but since 3CX took them of supported list we moved to yealink
we have found these to be not as reliable for remote extensions and had several phones fail on firmware update and then have to be returned to yealink.

so we are looking for a similar priced range of phones

anybody had good experience with other makes

thanks
Russell

I have 60 T38's installed locally. I have tried the T22 at home with the latest firmware and it was working great, including BLF's. Right now I have a few Aastra 53i deployed in home offices and seem to be doing ok - but were troublesome in the setup and they are not PNP.

We've had good luck with the Grandstream GXP series of phones. So far no issues with the couple that we have installed in the shop.

I would stay away from yealink. I am about to have to buy back a bunch of yealinks from one of my customers.

We use Cisco SPA and Polycom phones for our customers.

Haven't had any issues with the Yealinks here... seem to be solid.

Yealinks are working very well for me. Using T20P and T38G phones, 3CX supported, easy to configure,inexpensive. For the money they are hard to beat in my opinion.

In my office we have Yealink, Polycom, Cisco, and Grandstream, I've had issues with none except for setting up a yealink on a remote extension. As far as customer deployments I have sold all of them it really just comes down to what the customer likes, my clients go with Grandstream more than any other phone as the price is great and they also work terrifically, great sound quality, easy to deploy, and I've never had any issue whatsoever with those particular handsets.

JP - recent yealink firmware seems to have helped me connect at least a t22 in a remote site.

From my experience -

Polycom - Rolls Royce of the industry. Tempermental to configure, do not support STUN, but have a broad product line and a stellar reputation and loyal following (drink kool-aid......now). The best conference room phone around. They reportedly have simplified their firmware update mechanism...which is good news. Pricey, but if the customer wants and can afford, go for it.

Cisco - Cadillac of the industry. Name brand that everyone has heard. Not quite as broad a product line and more expensive than most. Good feature set, good looks, but in my market, the price is the big detriment.

Yealink - Chevrolet. Value leader with decent looks and a feature set that is, in many cases, equal to some of the Cadillacs and Rolls above. Easy to configure and supports uPnP in their latter firmware. Does not have the name brand recognition of the others, but price tends to to be determining factor. The t32 and t38 with their color screens is always a favorite with customers....at their price point.

Grandstream - Your father's Oldsmobile. A good value phone, but the product line appears dated and the manufacturing quality does not seem as solid, although I will say I have not had one fail. Some of the later phones show more modern looks and they just released a cordless DECT model (have not tried). Also supports uPnP. This one, in my opinion, gets more of the love/hate comments than the others. I still use them, but mostly the latter models - 1450.

Aastra - The Mecury. Big company which also handles the Meridian digital line. Kind of a luxury brand due to its digital phone system lineage, but does not seem to have the presence that the others enjoy. Still a very capable phone. Most have what I think is an overly large footprint, but they are very reliable. Some look a little dated, but the newer models are OK.

Panasonic - Buick or Ford. While not supported, I have used their cordless models quite a bit. There was some discussion that 3CX may end up supporting. Their analog offering has a huge following in the SMB market and I get asked about them from customers who have their analog systems or even cordless home, but thinking of taking the VoIP plunge. I know some on the board are using the wired models and I have heard nothing bad. I am not just not sure what price points they may cover; hence Buick or Ford moniker.

These are just my opinions, but I agree that there are so many factors that there is no one universal solution. I personally like the Yealink, Grandstream and Panasonic, but mostly because that is what my market can afford. They all essentially do the same thing, but perhaps not in the same manner.

craigreilly Which firmwae version are you using?

T22: 7.61.23.11 from the UK site: http://www.yealink.co.uk/downloads/

T38: 38.0.146.2 (I think still unreleased. I have been testing some functions for them - SRemoteName, XML Browser, Multicast Paging).

I have not tested a 26 or 28 remotely.

Yealink - Chevrolet. Value leader with decent looks and a feature set that is, in many cases, equal to some of the Cadillacs and Rolls above. Easy to configure and supports uPnP in their latter firmware. Does not have the name brand recognition of the others, but price tends to to be determining factor. The t32 and t38 with their color screens is always a favorite with customers....at their price point.

And the gigabit port/switch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.