Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

phone transfer stops after 5-10 seconds

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gonzo__007, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonzo__007

hi all,

if you call at my home and I'm not answering you hear a mesage saying that Im not there leave a message after the BIP. for emergency press 2 to transfer to my cell phone.

the transfer works. but after 5 to 10 second me and the caller are no longer hearing each other...
    and sometime it works fine...

any idea ?

thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Need a bit more info. VoIP or POTS lines, maybe a log of the call from 3CX, adapter info if using POTS lines...etc

3. gonzo__007

I rebooted the server, so I guess that I lost the logs...

it's voip lines (have 5 lines)

if will have to get you logs when it will happend again. or maby someone can give me advice without logs...

thanks

4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

How is your firewall/network setup? Sounds like it could be a network issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. thenua

As well as checking firewall settings, perhaps check you have STUN settings properly defined in 3CX also. Lack of STUN can cause a new call to suddenly drop out or suddenly go "one way audio" after a short and often fixed period.

6. gonzo__007

in my firewall I nat 5060 from my VOIP provider to my 3cx server (open both ways, in and out)
    and allow outgoing ports 9000 to 9100 (in settings, network, there is a place called: ports to use for external leg of voip provider calls)

I have no clue of what stun is used for. but it is set to stun.3cx.com and stun2.3cx.com and it is open in my firewall to those 2 IPs. but, as you know, 3cx is not my VOIP provider (lol) should I put my VOIP provider there ? as I said, I don't know what stun is used for

thanks all for your help !

7. gonzo__007

ok I checked my rules after posting my reply:
    here is exactly

from 3cx to VOIP provider:
    5060 tcp-udp
    5090 tcp-udp (think I don't need this one)
    10000 to 20000 udp (where is this setting ? if I remove those I have no audio)
    3478 udp
    9000 to 91000 udp

from voip provider to my 3cx server:
    5060 tcp-udp
    10000 to 20000 udp (again,where is this setting ? if I remove those I have no audio, I and don't very like to nat 10 000 udp ports from outside to inside... can I remove them without loosing the audio ?)

I had a mistake, port 9000 to 9100 was nat from outside to inside, I switch it to from inside to outisde... might help :)

thanks for answering all my questions :mrgreen:

8. thenua

Good and Agree

Also good. (STUN is not directly linked to your VOIP provider. Its a way for your 3cx server to discover what its external IP address is. Any STUN server in the world will work. 3cx suggest for performance reasons you use one close to home. However the 3cx ones work fine for me. i.e. Above settings also look ok.)

9000 - 9015 udp is missing ! I understand there should be an incoming entry (i.e. voip provdier to 3cx server) port forwarding 9000 - 9015 to the ip address of your 3cx server. Its possible this is the problem. If this rule is added, I would hope you could then remove :
    because to me, this is quite odd.

In summary, check you have 9000 - 9015 (incomming) port forwarded to your 3cx server.

If it still doesn't work, then you may need to capture logs upon the next occurrence as per leejor's suggestion.

Also, just out of interest, what Router/Firewall are you using between 3cx and the Internet ?

Regards
    thenua

9. gonzo__007

thanks,
    I will try opening 9000-9100 both ways.
    but in 3CX it written that it's from inside to outisde...anyway, I will open both ways to give it a try

my firewall is a watchguard x700 fireware pro 10.2.3 (and yes... for home network) :twisted:

and you have no clue for ports 10000-20000 udp... if I closed them I have no audio, phone rings but when I answer there is no audio....

thanks a lot for all your help !

10. gonzo__007

here is what I tried:

stoping 3cx services
    opening 9000-9100 in and out
    closing 10000-20000 in and out

out of 3 test call, only one have 2way audio.

can this port usage related to my VOIP provider ?

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.