Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phone UI button does not work

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

Latest 3CX, latest firmware on my Yealink T46G phones. In the Phones node in 3CX, the "Phone UI" button does not work. Clicking on it does nothing.
    I've found that it depends on the template I'm using. I can factory reset a phone and then assign the default T46G template to it and, after all its reboots and configuring is finished, the "Phone UI" button does not work. This is with what 3CX calls a "supported" scenario: phone factory reset, using the default template.
    However, if I factory reset the phone and assign my older custom template to it, then that button does work and does what it's supposed to do: open the phone's UI at its IP address in another tab in the browser.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @engin411

I have seen this but the other way around, i have never seen this with the default template. Please let me know what firmware your phone is running and what service pack you are on. If you are indeed on the latest then you must be running SP5 with firmware 28.81.0.60.
    If that is the case have you downloaded the latest templates for SP5?

3. engin411

engin411 New Member

Like I said, everything is the latest available (so yes, SP5 and the .60 firmware), and yes, I have been using the newest template available. I did it again just now. Factory reset two phones, assigned one to the default T46 template and the other to my custom template from SP4 days. The button does not work for the one with the SP5 default template; it does work for the one with the older custom template.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

what browser are you using and is your browser blocking any popups? Is the button greyed out or it is clickable but does nothing?

5. engin411

engin411 New Member

Edge on latest version of Windows 10 Pro. No, the browser is not blocking the popup. The button works fine for other identical T46G phones on older templates (tried it just now) and for the same phone when it is on the older template. The button is clickable, in fact, it gives the short "depression" where you can see it was "pushed" (Windows GUI effect), but nothing happens.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Thank you for the update, in fact in Edge i can replicate your issue. If you open the edge console (F12 developer tools) and press the phone UI button Edge is throwing an error. I believe the issue is that the link the management console sends is in Https but will do further research. Try using Google Chrome or Firefox and see if that works and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

7. engin411

engin411 New Member

Yes, it works fine in Firefox. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.