Phone using Line 1 and Line 2

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

5. SIP Phones can have more than one Line and I assume that a Line would be for a SIP Account. That is under SIP Trunks we would have entries for each SIP Provider Account and each of these would have one PORT.

• If I sent up two provider accounts and I wanted account 1 to go to Extension 600 Line 1 and account 2 to go to Extension 600 Line 2 how would I set this up.

• Does having more than one SIP Account (Line) on a phone make any sense

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A VoIP account is a PSTN phone number. If you want people dialling that number to only reach one line key on one set, then you can do that, if you want. You can also have the second PSTN number ring only the extension assigned to key 2, if you want.
    This would work in a similar manner to a DID number.

Most small businesses (not employing DIDs), or even residences, would probably want incoming calls to be available to more than just one person (extension). That is where Digital receptionist, Ring groups and queues come in. Each is able to get calls to more than one person/phone. In a very small business, or residence you might use a ring group where an incoming call on either of the two (or more) PSTN lines will ring all phones at the same time. That way anyone near a phone can pick up the call. If a second call came in, and no one else was available, then the second line key could ring. The first call could be placed on hold and the second taken.

You have what method works best for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.