Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

phone will not register

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Anyone willing to look at a Wireshark to tell me why a remote phone is not registering?
    It works when I use the bridge - but not directly. As far as I can tell, the remote network is just through a single router.

I see nothing in the 3cx logs...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Assuming that the URL/IP destinations is the same for both a tunnel and non tunnel call, the only difference is the port number of the destination. Given that you are not even seeing a registration attempt log, could something (one end or the other) be blocking port 5060, or, is that one set, not sending to port 5060?

3. craigreilly

I am seeing the register request in the Wireshark:
    The 72 address is the Office
    The 200 address is the Remote Office trying to register

Code:
    REGISTER sip:72.x.x.252:5060 SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 200.x.x.108:5070;branch=z9hG4bK1571253848
    From: "Paradisus Palma Real" <sip:1223@72.x.x.252:5060>;tag=902641125
    To: "Paradisus Palma Real" <sip:1223@72.x.x.252:5060>
    Call-ID: 1368100394@10.0.0.8
    CSeq: 1 REGISTER
    Allow: INVITE, INFO, PRACK, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, NOTIFY, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, REFER, PUBLISH, UPDATE, MESSAGE
    Max-Forwards: 70
    User-Agent: Yealink SIP-T20P 9.72.0.30
    Expires: 3600
    Allow-Events: talk,hold,conference,refer,check-sync
    Content-Length: 0
    I did turn off the Tunnel Service when attempting this to ensure there was not a port conflict...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that other "remote" sets are able to register? From both this and other remote locations?

Have you tried moving this set to another location?

Have You tried swapping out the remote router?

5. craigreilly

I have several other sets registering fine as well as some bridges.
    I have T38's and T22's registering fine.

Swapping out the router would be a challenge as it is from the ISP and part of the DSL Modem.
    However, we have the same service at another location about 1 mile away and they connect without the bridge just fine. But this is the T22. The phone in question is a T20.
    I could see if they could pull the T22 to this location and see if it works...

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The other thing you could try, to narrow down the "culprit"...

Provision that set with another "working" configuration. Given the other information, it is either a configuration (file) issue (which I suspect) , or, (less likely) a hardware/phone firmware issue.

If the set did work from another location, it could be that the particular IP, of the set, is being blocked by the router so that the registration request never makes it out on the net.

7. craigreilly

Since I am seeing the request in the 3cx Server wire shark log then it seems to me it is not getting blocked...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.