• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phone won't automatically connect..

Status
Not open for further replies.

wipeout

Reaction score
I have just installed 3CXphone for the first time to use on my laptop with my internet SIP provider.. I have managed to get it setup and working but it seems that every time I open it I have to accept the connection settings and only then it will connect.. If I choose cancel on the connection settings page I am presented with then the phone doesn't connect to the server..

I cant see any settings that tell it to automatically connect to the server but I would like to just launch the phone have have it connect automatically to the server..

Anyone have any ideas?

I am running Windows 7 home premium 64bit if that makes any difference..

Thanks

I have the same problem, running on the same platform. Not a lot of help, I'm afraid...

Hi
As far I understand, the Connection dialog is shown when you start the phone?
In this case, you can provide a screenshot? You may blur IP/address, it's enough to see filled fields.
Also, I'm interested in phone's version, as shown in About.

Regards
vali

Yes, the connections page comes up..

Version in about is 4.0.13679.0

Screenshot attached..

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,420
wipeout said:
Yes, the connections page comes up..
Version in about is 4.0.13679.0. Screenshot attached..
Hi
I've checked and there is an issue on 3CXphone - thanks for spotting it. 3CXphone "thinks" the active profile is not complete because the "in office" IP/addess is empty - which is wrong, since you're not interested by "in office" but by "out of office" - so it pop-up the dialog to fill required field.

To avoid this problem for now, the following trick will works:
- when connection dialog will be shown, click the "in-office" check option.
- in the "in-office" type, for instance, 127.0.0.0.1
- click back on the "out-of office" ckeck option
- click OK

Hope it helps
Regards
vali

Vali_3CX said:
Typo?! Shouldn't be 127.0.0.1?

jcasares said:
Vali_3CX said:
Typo?! Shouldn't be 127.0.0.1?
:mrgreen: you're right, my mistake. But, even so, there can be anything - basically, it's a text field, even blablabla is in a perfect valid format 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.