Phone wont provision after upgrade to V15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Stuart Taylor, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Taylor

Hi All,

Following an upgrade from v14 to v15, our Yealink T46G phones wont provision. Logged in to the phones and the server url points to: https://192.168.17.1:5000/provisioning/03xmprud5o

After the upgrade the default port seems to be 5001, so changed the url to 5001 but it still won't work. Doing a bit of googling suggested that this provisioning folder should be in the programdata\3cx folder but I can't see it. I see a "provsubdir" under C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http. Tried https://192.168.17.1:5001/provsubdir as the server url and still nothing following a re-provision.

We also have a problem with phonebook not working on the handset itself although this has been a problem since version 14, when you go to 3CX phone book and press update on the handset you get a message "failed to download remote phonebook"

The template shows the following:

remote_phonebook.data.1.url = %%PROVLINK%%/yealink_phonebook.xml
    remote_phonebook.data.1.name = 3CX Phonebook

But i don't know where the xml file is, or how it is generated. I see you can download to CSV on version 15.

The system runs on Server 2012R2, windows firewall turned off.

I do apologise for all the questions but only been with the firm 6 months and my previous phone system expience was mitel.

Thanks,

Stuart.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. sohc

Hi,

I do have the same problem. I think I stayed on v12 for a long time since I don't have problems on my phone. Sometimes, updating cause all this problems but that's the way we get new features.

When I try to provision new handset, it just won't work. I have selected the template in the extension. The phone reboots but it hasn't applied any of the settings like the BLF. Since I can't provision the phone, the CTI won't work anymore.

I still have handsets that have been provisioned in the old version, still running in their old firmware and their CTI is working fine.

My problematic T48 is running on version 35.80.0.130

Appreciate if you can advise how we fix CTI and phone provisioning.

4. npereira@cbnco.com

I was told last week after a seminar hosted by a local distributor, that the yealink t4xS (s series) do not work with v15.

I have yet to test it as I don't have S series yealink phone but just placed an order for 1 unit of T42S and T46S today. Should get them in next week and will test against v15.

5. sohc

I've got the T48G and T46G handsets, both won't provision even if I updated it to the recommended firmware.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@sohc

Are the phones local meaning are the phones in the same LAN/ subnet as the PBX or remote?
    If local do the phones appear in bold under the phones tab? ( they must be factory reset to do so)
    If remote are you using an SBC or STUN?

7. sohc

Hi Yiannish,

It is in the same subnet, the phones and the 3CX server are in the same VLAN.

When I click on re-provision, the phone reboots but it doesn't apply the changes.

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Try adding a BLF on these phones from the management console, click ok and then try reprovisioning again.

9. sohc

Hi Yiannish,

I have added the provisioning url and changed the template in the 3cx to make it work.

May I know which folder should I open to make changes in the provisioning file? There's 2 directory and both have the same files.

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones

Thanks!

#9 sohc, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  10. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi sohc,

Please try to download the provisioning file directly from your browser and let us know if it works. Note, you can use this url only if you are in the same Lan with 3CX Phone System.
    http://3CX-IP:5000/provisioning/%Prov-folder-number%/IP-PhoneMacAddress.cfg

The provisioning file is generated on the fly upon request.

The provisioning folder is located at C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning.
    If you need to make changes or create custom templates, the folder is located at C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones

11. jmtelecom

did you try to disable Trusted Certificates in security?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.