• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

phone6 lost preferences on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeman

Reaction score
we are using 3cxPhone 6 with our new 3cx v10 deployment. We have users reporting that they set their preferences to make the microphone, and speaker work through the headset, while keeping the phone ring through windows primary sound driver.
upon reboot, these settings are lost.
does anyone know why this would be?

so far, these are a mix of users who have admin privileges on the windows machine.

Hi there,

Sorry, not able to help with the preference issue but I have something similar as I have just rebooted my machine and I have lost all of my SIP accounts!! Anyone have any idea as to where they are / should be saved? I am also using v6 and specifically 0.20943.0. & v10 sp4

Thanks in advance,

Antler

Ok, so I found the config file that USED to hold the SIP account data, its all gone, all 15 accounts! Only data that remains are the 'General' data and even some of that appears to be missing.

I have carried out a search for a possible backup file, but there is not one to be found, all softkey data also gone from phone but as I can still see data in the SoftKeys.ini file, I guess this will return if I can restore the accounts to as they were.

Will let you know the outcome.

ps Unless 3CX can come up with another method / solution, it may be prudent, depending upon how many accounts you have configured, to do a manual backup of this data1

Rgds,

Antler.

Hi Antler
We will check the problem you reported. Is your 3CXPhone integrated with MyPhone? Is set to start when Windows starts? Is started from a batch file/another app?
Regards
vali

might have found the problem on the losing bluetooth adapter settings...the user had started the 3cx phone, before turning on the headset. Could the phone not be programmed, so that the bluetooth gets the priority, and when it appears, the phone uses it again?

Hi Vali,

Thanks for the response the answers to which are:

1) No, I don't believe that 3cxphone is intergrated with MyPhone as I simply use a browser to http://localhost:5000/myphone and have not 'downloaded' the app.
2) I do have a s/cut in my windows 'startup' folder but I believe I also had the 'Automatically starts at Windows Logon' checked as well.

For your information, I have rebooted the pc many times in the past with no issues such as this but ealier today, I downloaded the new v10 sp4, I even went throught the process to download the wallboard call centre app to get a feel for it and everything was ok. I only had cause to reboot my pc as I had upgraded my mobile nokia config program, so nothing to do with 3cx, but as I reported, when the 3cxphone started, all was empty.

Just set up the phone with 1 account but something is still not correct! I removed my earlier version 6 and have reloaded from the .msi that I believe to be the latest version, i.e v6.0.20943.0 but previously, when I went to 'preferences', I had the new preference style appearance and I notice in the config file I only have 38 entries whereas on the previous version I had 49 including 'PrefEx=1, CWI, UseTransferDialog etc etc. Maybe I should download the latest version from the 3cx web site if you could point me in the right direction :)

Would there be any logs which may be of advantage to you?

Earlier today I carried out the same upgrade action on my laptop but have yet to reboot it! If and when I do, I can let you know if I experience the same issues with 3cxphone but this time I have made an account & softkey backup!!

Rgds,

Antler.

Hi Antler

Having ONE 3CXPhone shortcut in the "Startup" menu is normal - it is added/removed by 3CXPhone itself when you check the "Automatically starts at Windows logon" option in Preferences. You may verify this by checking/unchecking this option and see if the shortcut apperar, respectively dissapear, in/from Startup. Important is to not have TWO or more 3CXPhone shortcuts there.

PrefEx=1 has been added and set manually in the INI file - it's a read-only parameter, 3CXPhone doesn't update/overwrite it. It only provides a "new-style", extended Preferences dialog.

I'm not at work to check the verion number, but definitely reverting to an older or upgrading to a newer (if any) it's not a solution for the issue you describe, since the INI handling has not been changed. I was asking about MyPhone integration or startup shortcuts because if, for some reasons, 3CXPhone is launched in more than one instance per computer user, it might me possible to exist a conflict/"fight" over the INI file, one instance not being able to access its then trying to create a new, default "blank" one. I will check these days for such situations and I will provide an answer.

Hope it helps
vali

P.S as an advice for your backup: if you want to backup, I suggest you to backup the whole configuration folder (say C:\Documents and Settings\Antler\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Phone) accessible from menu Debug / File /Configuration Folder. This because accounts in the INI file contains unique identifiers, referred by the phonebook and BLFs (softkeys).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.