• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phonebook and Exhange Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecnoinformatica

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
We're testing the great sync system with a public folder inside our Exchange system.

Everything is working and now we ave a complete access to the phonebook.

My question is : we've got many records with only the field "Company" filled, beacause many numbers are referred to the company itself. When the number is matched on phone display we've got only [business] label without the reference to the company field. The only field shown on the display seems to be First and Last Name ...

I've searched on the manual and on the forum ... with no result ... there's some parameters to configure so I can first display Company Field (if present) and then First and Last Name ?

Thak you

Pier Luigi
Tecnoinformatica srl - Italy

Hi Pier,

this issue will be fixed in the next update, please bear with us:) if you have any further inquiries or questions please don't hesitate to contact us and thank you for your patience.

Best regards

No problem for waiting, is a big resurce to increment selling 3CX to our customers that have Exchange System, we are testing it in our server ... this is a great change to the phonebook handling system...

Pier Luigi

Hi,

We have the same issue. A lot of contacts only have the business name and phone numbered entered. If I search for the business name in 3cx phone, the phone number is found, but the business name is not shown.
Also 3cx phone will freeze frequently when there are +3000 contacts in a public folder.
It appearts this wasn't addressed in SP1..

Timmy - give us a teamviewer session - We have tested with 10000 contacts and it did not freeze. Send me pm with details and we will check.

What you can do is send us via email the import file that you used and we will make a check.

Please note that after you import the contacts, then the Windows Client of course needs some time to update 3000 contacts to its internal memory cache. So repeat the test again - dont import contacts and go directly on the 3CXPhone to start making calls - give the system sometime.

For now as a solution, since you have no first name and last name, go in First name and add the company name in there. It is easier for us then stay developing logic to show Company name when FN || LN is empty. Just put Company name in First name.

I've just updated with SP1 and now I can't sync Exchange ... I've put the same configuration parameters (on update these are been lost)
I've noticed also that there's no more the option to select the right exchange version and the fields rename table.

If I check the log I find that 3CX connect to the right server address and when try to download contacts from the public folder named 3CX it does not found anything.

Fortunally the old phonebook is not deleted ... :)

Pier Luigi

We made a change and you need to enter the details again.
enter the settings and go.
Exchange version selector is removed. now we ask exchange what version it has and when it tells us, we communicate with it appropriately.

Check event viewer - everything should work ok.

OK, I've checked everything again, and "unlocked" the impersonated user (maybe too many fault access trying...).

Confirm everything is OK now ...

Thank you ..

Pier Luigi

Hi Nick,

I've given the system up to 24 hours, but every time you search for a contact the 3cx Phone on the desktop will freeze.
For now I've disabled the public folder sync, and with just my personal contacts from exchange it does seem to work. I'll create a support case about the public folder sync asap.
As for the first name/ business entrys: I have maybe 50% where first name, last name and company are available, but for the other half only business name and Phone number(s). I think that if the company name is also displayed when a number is matched it would be an added value.

Best regards,

Timmy

Yes let us know. You can also provide teamviewer session and we log in and check for you. Send me pm to check the freezing part.
Re company name only - There is some logic which needs to be created - in an area where absolute real time speed is required. Lets wait for now because we are still working on some bugs.

After the install of SP2 the freezing issue seems to be fixed. I'll update on the satatus in a week or so.
The display of company name isn't finished yet I suppose. Any word on this?
regards Timmy

Display of company name what exactly?

Well as i mentioned before, we have a mix of contacts were we have either first name and last name or just company name.
When I search for a company by name, 3cx Phone will show me the number but the company name won't be shown.

I've added a screenshot of an example where I enter the company name and 3cx will show me the matching Phone numbers, but the company name isn't displayed with the Phone number. If a first and/or last name is entered for this contact it will be visible next to the Phone number.

This is mostly a problem when you have an inbound call: though the company is known you still can't see who's calling.

Not a major issue but still would be nice if this could be fixed.

PS. I've had no more freezing issues with exchange sync so far.

best regards,
Timmy

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,509
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.