Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phonebook Change

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by craigreilly, Aug 10, 2017.

Phonebook Change 4.9 5 21votes
4.9/5, 21 votes

1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Phonebooks are missing the MOBILE NUMBER of the EXTENSIONS.
    This means I have to enter all MOBILE #'s into the CONTACTS manually, and remember to remove someone when they leave the company.
    This in turn causes everyones mobile # to show up twice in the Softphone
    I only use GS_phonebook, Yealink_Phonebook, Fanvil_Phonebook - but I am sure they are all this way.

Please ADD the Extension Mobile Number into the Phonebook files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

surprised that only 4 people are interested in this... :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Alessandro Piantoni

Just last week I have the issue with a customer.

Is it possible that the system does not solve the mobile number of an extension ?

4. decalabs

+1

I wrote with the 3CX support about the central phonebook. They told me that only ONE field, the number in the "mobile" field, is exported and provisioned to the phones phonebook. When you add a contact to the central phonebook there are 10 (TEN!) fields for numbers, but only ONE is provisioned to the phones phonebook. This is ridiculous.

Silly English Kniggit likes this.
  5. digiteo

6. altel

Fully agree that just having the Mobile number provisioned in the handsets is not good and pretty much defeats the object of having all of the contact options on 3cx.
    I would very much like to see the other phone number types pushed out to phones as well

7. craigreilly

Although the request is for something very different. I am looking for the extension's mobile numbers to be populated into the Phonebook.

8. Christian Hoechst

9. Greg Wong

+1

I am really interested in this getting updated ASAP also, I have been doing quite a large rollout to approx 30 branches of a company and we are having to enter staff members mobile numbers in to the contacts for the caller ID to display the person when they call in to a branch, I would of assumed that there would be something in the background where when searching for a known caller that it would look up contacts as well as extensions (including the mobile number assigned to the extension)

When people search it is showing mobile numbers twice as two different entries and it looks really messy,

Since this roll out has been only happening for a couple months we havent had people who have been entered leave the company yet, but the industry for this company has a huge turn over, so I am not looking forward, unning in to a constant need for a tidy up,

Cheers!

craigreilly likes this.