Phonebook limits

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andk, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andk

Hello !

Do you know how many contacts we can add to the phonebook ?

Is the 200-entry-limit for Aastra applicable ?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There is no specification published for the number of entries allowed in the 3CX phonebook, but my guess is that it is pretty much unlimited excepting the disk size limitation and any limitation the database engine itself may have).

Most phones have limitations, but this is mostly a design consideration of the manufacturer as to the amount of space they want to make available as space is memory and memory costs $.

The model of Aastra phones that I have used, all download the phone book, so I am guessing it likely that whatever model you have does the same. Therefore if 3CX has more than 200 entries, your phone will be impacted.

Unfortunately, I do not know if the impact will be the phone only taking the first 200 entries or, if the phone expects to see some kind of eof (end of file) message and failing receiving that will assume that the download is corrupted and simply not import anything.

I do not have any Aastras in an installation that big.

3. andk

Thanks a lot !!!

Have you ever used a Aastra 612d with 3CX ? (IP-DECT...)

Have a nice day !

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have not used that model. I have used the earlier 6757i-CT units. They have been good units, but the clients have preferred the Panasonic models more so. Both of the ones I mentioned do not have color displays.

You might want to take a look at the Yealink w52p Dect cordless. It is supported by 3CX (has a template), supports PoE and has a 500 phonebook limitation. There is a substantial price differential between the two with Aastra being the more expensive, but I do note that the Aastra also supports Bluetooth which the Yealink does not. Nevertheless, it may be an option for you.

5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

hello,

i can confirm that 3CX it self does not put a cap on how many entries you can add to the company or personal tbooks.
    however as more you place in it, as longer it will take to perform a search in it for incoming calls or when you search for a number in ur myphone.

however, all ip phones have a limitation and will cut of the tbook after they can not add more numbers to it.
    this will happen at a alphabetical order at any given point in the tbook, except cisco spa phones, if the tbooks is in total lager then 1024 byte you will see nothing in the phone at all and only an error is prompted...

if you use our new 3cxphones (windows iphone and android) you have 1. both tbooks (company and private) to your disposal 2.) plus the device tbook

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Hi Stefan good job is manage 3CX phonebook via LDAP configuration :

- 3CX download via active directory phone book
    - Phone contact via LDAP protocoll 3CX and lookup Name/Number

No problem how many entry i have .... 1000-10000-100000!!!

I have about 30 3CX-PBX for same customer to 30 Different site , for manage this i have changed provisioning file each Grandstream 2100 and i have sincronyze phonebook to active directory .

By

7. andk

Thanks to everyone for your precious help!

@donbru01: if I understand, your Grandstream 2100 can access a bigger phonebook than expected (2'000-entry-limit) with active directory and LDAP ?

Regards

8. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

yes i have about 4000employ and 8000external collaborator .
    Emply are registered on LDAP by mail and policy , other collaborator are registered on LDAP how Contact .
    Than i have configured via autoprovisiong file that each phone use Contact-Button to LDAP SERVER , no 3CX Phone book .-
    I have much improvement

1- When new user is add on LDAP server , it is automatically on phone book
    2- when user is delete on LDAP server , it is automatically delete from phone book
    3- when phone receive incoming call , if number is in LDAP i see Name

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.