Phonebook question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Never having made use of the built in phonebook, and having come across something in the forums a while back, I have my interest peaked, but some questions.

Are name entries in the phonebook matched to incoming caller ID and sent to extensions?

That was what, after some reading, I was led to believe. If true, does that override any name that is sent (along with a number) by the PSTN or VoIP provider?

In other words, can you substitute a name for one sent?

I tried this out and had no luck.

The reason I ask, is that, in North America, where name display is common, it is also common practice to send a State or Province name rather than a person or business name when the call originates outside a serving companies territory. I suppose that because the name is perhaps not sent by the originator, a match is done locally, in a database to the areacode only, once in a while, the city as well.

If this hasn't been implemented already, it would be a nice feature to have an "override" check box, in the phonebook page, to always substitute the name in there for any name sent by a provider.

Any comments, answers?

Am I asking for something already implemented?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.