Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phonebook question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Never having made use of the built in phonebook, and having come across something in the forums a while back, I have my interest peaked, but some questions.

Are name entries in the phonebook matched to incoming caller ID and sent to extensions?

That was what, after some reading, I was led to believe. If true, does that override any name that is sent (along with a number) by the PSTN or VoIP provider?

In other words, can you substitute a name for one sent?

I tried this out and had no luck.

The reason I ask, is that, in North America, where name display is common, it is also common practice to send a State or Province name rather than a person or business name when the call originates outside a serving companies territory. I suppose that because the name is perhaps not sent by the originator, a match is done locally, in a database to the areacode only, once in a while, the city as well.

If this hasn't been implemented already, it would be a nice feature to have an "override" check box, in the phonebook page, to always substitute the name in there for any name sent by a provider.

Any comments, answers?

Am I asking for something already implemented?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.