Phones are slow to pick up incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gunners, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunners

When someone answers an incoming call sometimes it takes a couple of seconds to answer it, the phone just sort of sits there and all the other phones are still ringing.

Where can I look for what could be causing this?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Phone make, model? Version of 3CX and what hardware it is running on? How are inbound calls routed and from what type of provider - SIP, PSTN, ,PRI, etc.? Interface used if not SIP, ring group and how many extensions in same? What about from extension to extension?

Simply put, you have not provided us with anything other than a symptom, which may be influenced by a number of things...some of which I have listed.

To amplify a little, it sounds like you have calls routed to a ring group and the strategy is ring all. The system, depending upon your hardware and network speeds, has to notify all of the call and depending upon how many extensions there are, this may take a little time as the messages are sent sequentially to each. Conversely, when answered, the system then has to notify the other extensions that some other extension has done so and again this may take a little bit and, depending upon the ring tone, may take the phone some time to cease the ring.

3. gunners

Sorry

This is when receiving calls through Patton smartnode PSTN gateway.
    Computer specs are
    i5 4460
    4gb ram
    Windows 8.1 pro
    Built in web server

There are 13 yealink sip 28 phones attached to it and the phones are connected through SIP
    This is happenning when it uses ring all functionality.
    We have a 100mb switch with POE

The version on 3cx is 11

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

So how many phones in the ring group?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX server logs for one of these calls,it will show a timestamped list of events, allowing you to see where there is a "delay".

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I found using large ring groups put a lot of stress on the system. Perhaps try doing a test to 1 or 2 phones. If the issue no longer exists, then it is the size of the ring group. If it does persists, then start looking elsewhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.