Phones contantly rebooting (v7)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by goathed47, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goathed47

Hi all,

We've recently upgraded from v5 to v7. Everything went smoothly and the phone system is working great except for a couple issues.

1) We have Linksys SPA941 phones. On the old system, they worked fine, but since upgrading to v7, they reboot every single hour, exactly 61 minutes after the previous reboot. The phones do not reboot during phonecalls, but will reboot often directly after a long phonecall. I've got a syslog of the reboot reasons if anyone wants to look at it.. the reboot reasons I see are C2004 and C2000.

2) I can't seem to access the voicemail box for one extension from another. For instance, I have an extension (7800) with a voicemail box that I check periodically, but does not have a corresponding phone number or registered phone hooked up to it. If I dial the voicemail number (9999), I can get the sytem to prompt me for a mailbox I want to check, but when I type in 7800, I get "Invalid extension." This worked fine in v5 but no longer works in v7.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Spyklee

Hi,

If you have provisioning enabled, check the attribute"Resync Periodic" (Provisioning tab) of your SPA. By default it's 3600 sec.

Eric

3. goathed47

I do not have phone provisioning turned on.

The aastra reboot problem was a firmware problem. I suppose that could be the problem with the SPA941 as well. I would have to contact Linksys/Cisco to find out more though.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The Linksys issue has been resolved in the new build. Basically, it was set to check for new provisioning information every hour. When it does that, for some reason it reboots. We have now set it to every 24 hours....

This can be further customized if needed, we will publish a short blog post how to do this

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.