Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phones in Red with custom template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by neville, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neville

neville New Member

Phones show in red and say custom template. Is this normal behavior or an issue.

2. CBUTLER

This is normal behavior, per the release notes: "When using custom templates, phone entry is labeled in RED"

3. neville

neville New Member

Missed that. Thanks for the reply.

4. martintamare

+1, red phones are kind of scary

technigogo likes this.
  5. optixuk

+1 Just had to deal with a user who was convinced the template must have a fault because it was shown in red. I get having a different colour, but why does it have to be the same as when an unsupported firmware is in use? Please change this to green, blue or yellow - pretty much anything but bright red!

sbrammer likes this.
  6. interact1

+1 having my whole phone list in red isn't very pretty :( Can we make it a different colour for custom templates and still red for old firmware?

7. boomschtick

+1... I totally agree. This should be a different color or just left alone. You can see that it's a custom template right there in the interface. Why does it have to be called out at all?

#7 boomschtick, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  8. Teddy F.

+1...3CX Support! Are you listening please? Having a functioning custom template is a GOOD THING with 3CX. It means that admins who take the time to provide product support for devices that otherwise could not be supported by your software out of the box is good for everyone, especially 3CX. Why not listen to us and not penalize our hard work by CHANGING OR NOT MAKING CUSTOM TEMPLATES APPEAR IN BRIGHT RED. It makes it seem like we've done a bad thing when in reality its a good thing for all involved. PLEASE CHANGE THIS.

By the way...isn't the bright red in my reply annoying or just not outright RUDE and distracting? It's to highlight my point.

tresearch, ICONsa, area2578 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.