• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phones in Red with custom template

Status
Not open for further replies.

neville

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Phones show in red and say custom template. Is this normal behavior or an issue.

This is normal behavior, per the release notes: "When using custom templates, phone entry is labeled in RED"

Missed that. Thanks for the reply.

+1, red phones are kind of scary

Reactions: technigogo
+1 Just had to deal with a user who was convinced the template must have a fault because it was shown in red. I get having a different colour, but why does it have to be the same as when an unsupported firmware is in use? Please change this to green, blue or yellow - pretty much anything but bright red!

Reactions: sbrammer
+1 having my whole phone list in red isn't very pretty :( Can we make it a different colour for custom templates and still red for old firmware?

+1... I totally agree. This should be a different color or just left alone. You can see that it's a custom template right there in the interface. Why does it have to be called out at all?

Last edited:
+1...3CX Support! Are you listening please? Having a functioning custom template is a GOOD THING with 3CX. It means that admins who take the time to provide product support for devices that otherwise could not be supported by your software out of the box is good for everyone, especially 3CX. Why not listen to us and not penalize our hard work by CHANGING OR NOT MAKING CUSTOM TEMPLATES APPEAR IN BRIGHT RED. It makes it seem like we've done a bad thing when in reality its a good thing for all involved. PLEASE CHANGE THIS.

By the way...isn't the bright red in my reply annoying or just not outright RUDE and distracting? It's to highlight my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.