Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phones not re-registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dhillkc, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhillkc

My system was working perfectly until I upgraded to the latest version (3CX v3.0.1928.0). Now my Grandstream 2000 phones registration is expiring after 60 mins (the unregister interval set in the phone setup), but they don't re-register. When they are not registered, I can't receive calls.

Can someone please tell me what happened or what I can do to fix it? I didn't change a THING when I installed the new version.

16:00:02.517 ServRegs::checkExpiration Registration for sip:400@192.168.0.101 has expired

16:00:00.110 ServRegs::checkExpiration Registration for sip:300@192.168.0.101 has expired

16:00:00.095 ServRegs::checkExpiration Registration for sip:200@192.168.0.101 has expired

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Well, right now you can make shorter re-registration interval on your Grandstream phones. Actually, it's a bug of Grandstream, because it should refresh registration before it expires, but it looks like their internal clock goes wrong, and 60 minutes interval is big enough to accumulate time sift error. So, we'll relax little bit expiration check in the next update, but shorter re-registration interval can help you now. My Grandstream phone re-registers every 60 seconds and doesn't get expired.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. scottyork

I have the same problem. Did the "relaxation" go into the June update?

I'm about to roll-out 25 GXP-2000. I don't want them all registering every 60 seconds.

Do you know if Grandstream are fixing the bug? - there's new firmware due any day to give improved speakerphone - perhaps in that firmware?

4. cjammer

cjammer New Member

Make sure you Change your GXP-2000 firmware to Version 1.1.1.14

That has fixed ALOT of people here's problem with the phone not re-registering.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I don't remember exactly when it was introduced, but it is availabel for sure quite a long time ago.

In 3CXPhoneSystem.ini:
    [General]
    expirationgraceperiod = 10

It will allow 10 seconds delay for registration's expiration. You may use smaller or greater values, but i wouldn't reccomend anything greater than half minute.

6. scottyork

Thanks. It was on zero - I'll have a play with some value.

What problem will I cause if I set it too high?

7. scottyork

Thanks cjammer.

My test phone came with 1.1.2.23. It doesn't seem to roll-back to 1.1.1.14 - I tried for another reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.