Phones Not Registering After Update ( Cisco 7940 /7960 )

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alex22alex, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex22alex

Hello All,

Slight problem thats driving me out of my head. We were running a really old version of 3cx (5.1.45) so i decided to plump and go for a fresh install of the lastest version ( on a new install of windows aswell). However upon setting the system up none of the phones will register ( cisco 7960's ). Server is on the same ip as setup in the cisco's.

Nothing is showing up in the 3cx server activity log i.e failed authenciations etc ( logging set to verbose ).

The phones are already setup from the old system with the correct sip settings.

We do not use any other phones i have tested a softphone and it could connect to the extensions fine. Its driving me loopy

Any ideas ?

Cheers Alex

2. comresource

comresource Member

You mentioned its a new install. Did you make sure that a TFTP service was installed with no firewall blocking?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alex22alex

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the reply.

I used a TFTP server to when loading the installtion files on to the phones. However this was when they were setup for the orginal install. Sincer i have setup the new 3cx install just like the old one or so i think i can't see any reason for a tftp server ( you can auto provision 7940/60's ).

So i dont see any need to change the settings on the phones again or do you need a TFTP server for something i am missing ?

Cheers Alex

4. comresource

comresource Member

I do not knowTrixbox well enough to be sure if a configured 7940 will just automatically work on 3CX. You can try to telnet to the phones (if its enabled) and look over the settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.