Phones Provisioning Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dajonx, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dajonx

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to version 14 and noticed that all of our phones are now either "Reprovision Required", "Manual Reprovision Required", or "UNPROVISIONED". It also looks like for some reason, the MAC addresses for the phones are wrong... Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

2. dajonx

Also, I get this error:

"An exception occurred Phone Status Error: TCX Configuration.Exceptions.PhoneSystemException: Unknown variable '% %pbx_http_port% %' in template.
    at TCX.Configuration.Templates.TemplatesFactory.WriteProvisioningFile(IFolder provPath, Extension e, PhoneDevice d, Phone Template t)
    at WebGuiInterface.PhonesStatus.ProvisionExtsEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)"

3. engin411

engin411 New Member

I don't know what phones you're using, but we had a tremendous trouble with this too. We use Yealink T46G's, and I had to do some quick scrambling to recreate the provisioning files because v14 changes a lot of variables. I was not impressed with 3CX.

4. dajonx

We're using mainly Cisco 303's and Linksys SPA941's.... Can you please tell me what changes you had to do?

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

%%PROVLINK%%/ is the new variable to use in v14.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. engin411

engin411 New Member

I don't remember at the moment exactly what changes I had to make. Basically, v14 didn't recognize the v12 provisioning files because the syntax is different. So when my phones rebooted or reprovisioned, they reverted to the stock T46G provisioning, not our custom (v12) files.

I can look further at the files tonight. I have backups on the PBX, but I don't have time at the moment to retrieve them.

7. dajonx

Wait, "%%PROVLINK%%/" is the correct variable instead of "% %pbx_http_port% %"??

Thanks engin411!

8. dajonx

Could it be "%%PROVLINKLOCAL%%" (since that was in the 303 template)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.