Phones question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RobLloyd, Sep 13, 2007.

1. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I'm quoting out a 3CX system for a potential client.
    What phones should I quote him? It's a small office, 5 phones total.
    Here's what I'm putting in for options, all have 2 RJ45 so no new wiring needs to be done:
    Linksys SPA-942 - $145 retail
    Grandstream GXP-2000 - $80 retail
    Grandstream GS-102 - $50 retail

Is there anything else I should look at or is there better equipment in the same price range?

Also has anyone tried the Linksys WIP300 wireless phone?

Thanks! :D

2. AndrewRTS

Hey Rob!

We tried both the SPA942s from Linksys and the Grandstream GXP-2000. Initially I liked the look of Linksys better - but some of the customization options looked great on the Grandstream... After using the Grandstream for two days we unhooked it and went back to a Linksys on that desk.

As bad as their support may be I LOVE the phones.

I'm planning on ordering a Zyxel Wifi SIP phone shortly to see how it works. No one wants to leave our break room to answer the phone at lunch time!! :)

3. dyntech

dyntech New Member

While I have never used either of those phones (I have a Cisco 7960)I can tell you to try to avoid the cheaper (lower quality) phones. Especially if the end customer does not know what to expect or is very picky. Poor quality equipment can ruin a VOIP installation and give the customer the wrong impression of VOIP.

The biggest problem I have had is customer expectations when switching from old style PBX to new IP PBX/SIP phones.

4. ktikoft

We are using teh GXP 2020 phones and they have better functonality than the old 2000's.

5. OZ Boy

Hi All!

We had both phones and I would like to second to that from cheap phones LinkSys has better sound quality and overall functionality than Grandstream.

6. ecwilson

ecwilson New Member

We too have both GXP2000's & GXP2020's. Linksys is a better product
    & GXP support sucks. We can't wait 72 hours before they can answer
    a support ticket. The GXP phones have a few bugs that Grandstream
    needs to work out before they are ready for enterprise use (picky clients)
    We were hoping that the 2020 was a little better than the 2000 but that is
    not the case. They both have problems & so sum it all up the top of the
    line Grandstream ip phones are the bottom when compaired to Linksys.
    IMHO :(

ecwilson

7. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Thanks for the replies. That's too bad the Grandsteams need work. The price is very attractive. You get what you pay for!

I might order the Linksys 300 and see how it goes. I can get a really good deal on one for demo use (about $60).

It should work with 3CX as an external extension right?

8. touficjohn

One of my locations has three Budgetone 101 IP phones. I set them up a few weeks ago on the usual admin interface which did'nt take longer than 4min and have not had a problem since. Sound is good too.

I was expecting much worse for a £35/$70 phone - bargain.

9. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning Rob

We have been using Polycom Soundpoint IP 501 phones.

Excellent voice quality and flexibility through the use of the configuration files. The phones also look very nice and feel good when you pick up the handset. We have been using them in our proposals.

Take care,

10. miloabc

The Linksys SPA942 is great, i use it frequently. Also the newer Linksys model (SPA962) is quite nice, very feature full and user friendly.

11. LLangston

We tried the Grandstreams too and were not happy with them, now we are using the Polycom SoundPoint 501 and so far we are liking it much better, still have a little tweaking to do on them and the gateway.

12. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I've setup quite a few SPA942s so far and they seem pretty good. Occasionaly I have to do a factory reset to get the WMI to work again but they work well.

Just wondering if I should add another brand or two to the demo pile.
    Probalby try the Polycom since they get favorable thumbs up across the board.

13. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Another option is the new Polycom phones The polycom 320 cost about $90 without powersupply from some of the voip stores (888voipstore for example). Pretty good looking phone for the price too id say.... And fully supported by 3CX as well.

14. dyntech

dyntech New Member

Rob,
    You should also check out the Snom line. I used the Snom 320's with a different IP PBX and had no problems with the phones.

They have a newer model out now that looks like it is even better.

15. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Just be reminded that SoundPoint IP 320 phone has a single 10/100 Ethernet port, therefore it cannot share one LAN line with desktop or laptop computer.

The SoundPoint IP 330 phone, with its dual-port 10/100 Ethernet switch for LAN and PC connection.

16. Philco

Philco Member

GXP2020

Hi, having used the Grandstream GXP2000 quite a lot for dedicated SIP devices and found that they appear to work quite well on the 3cx, we thought we would try the GXP2020 the later phone, before we try and 'sell' the 3cx idea to customers. Oddly enough, we cant seem to make calls internal or external on the GXP2020 but they can receive ok. Looking at the sever status, it shows internal calls from the GXP2020 as being rejected as caller is unknown.

The 4 GXP2000 we have on the system for tests seem to work fine in every way.

The GXP2020 has the latest 1.1.5.15 firmware.

Anyone had this problem??

Thanks in anticipation.

Phil