Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phones registered but not in system extension status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andykeen, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andykeen

Hi all.

Bit new to this and have just purchased some kit to get going with.

All going ok so far (not that I have got far) - however I am struggling without the two phones that I have purchased.

The phones are granstream 201 and I have managed to register them ok however they do not appear in the system extension status page.

I am following the 3cx setup guide and I am trying to test my two phones and carry on - but as I can't find them / see them in the system extension page I cannot seem to call either extension.

Can anyone please help with this?

Thank you and regards
    andy

2. andykeen

Sorry - my first post should have said - I am struggling with the phones I already have - not struggling without the phones (of course I would)

Sorry about that!!!!

3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

The phones show up in the Extension Status not System Extension Status.

System Extension Status is for Digital Assistants, Conferences, Fax, Voicemail etc. to differentiate them from normal extensions.

On the rare occasion something doesnt work in 3cx this is the first place to look (ie if a digital assistant is not answering).

You should see your new phones in the Extension Status.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. andykeen

Thanks for the info.
    I feel quite embarrased - becuase I had not registered the software and entered our software key - certain aspects would not work - duhhhhh.

I do have another questions tough - I can call extension 101 (I have 2 phones setup) - but I cannot call extension 100 from 101 - if goes straight onto voice mail - it does not ring.

Any reason for this please?

Thanks again
    Regards
    Andy

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

that sounds like the 100 is not registered.

Check the extension status. Are they both the same type of phone?

Can you go to the server activity logs in the 3cx admin and look at the logs (place a call and see what the logs say (e.g. not registered).

Post them here and we will try to help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. andykeen

Hi abc123

Thanks for the help.

I think you are right - the log does seem to say - 100 not registered - but it says registered in the phone extension section.

Am I better resetting the phone and re-provisioning it?

Is this why, or, is this how I can tell when a phone is not registered by this action?

FYI - it's 11pm Uk time - so will check for a reply in the morning - thanks again

Regards
    Andy

7. abc123

abc123 Active Member

is the phone on the same lan as the other phone?

It sounds like it registered (hence the green light on the extension page) but then lost registration. 3cx will keep the status as green until it expects the next registration (usually 3600 seconds in the config - 1hr).

You can try reprovisioning the phone. Also try to make a call from 100 to 101.

8. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Andy,

Going trough the post,

First the extensions will never appear in the system extensions page but the extensions page. The systems extension will contain ring groups IVR's etc.

If the light is green it means the credentials got trough and it registered, see if its working by dialing 999 to get to your voicemail. Provisioning the phone is always an option as its saves you doing any possible mistakes.

Make sure you followed the guide properly, for example the dial plan might stop you from dialing the numbers you might want to dial.

Attempt a call from the registered phone and see what happens, try and post the logs from the server activity log.

As for calling 100 to 101 and 101 to 100. A call might not ring for various reason ( again the logs would describe the reason).

1. Forwarding rules in place always sending it to voicemail.
    2. DND is switched on on the phone.
    3. Another phone registered on that same extension might be sending a busy signal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.