Phones registration very slow

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Ram!, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ram!

Hi,

We use 3CX with Cisco SPA504G sets. Everything works Fine, but I found that when I restart the 3cx phonesystem in services status, that some extensions take 10 to 15 minutes to re-register. In extension status it shows as red , until it finally registers, then shows green. This never happened previously.

The 3cx version used is 12 and service pack 6

Firmware used on most of the SPA 504G is 7.5.4 and some 7.5.5 and 7.4.2

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you also power down, then power up the sets after the server re-start?

Generally 3CX will "suggest" to a device that it re-register within 30 minutes, and most will follow that. The time can be set lower, either manually or though the config file.

If the set is not powered down to manually initiate a registration , then it will wait until the remainder of the 30 minutes has elapsed.

3. Ram!

Hi Leejor,

Thank you for your mail.

We have this problem when I go to Services status -- restart 3CX phone system, Why I do this is because we have issue with 1 SIP trunk DNS error resolving FQDN, other SIP trunk works fine as we use IP address. For the SIP trunk which we have issue does not register with IP address as the provider does not except IP address.

Coming to phone issue, some phones are very slow when I restart, so at that point of time if I manualy restart phone then it would register fine.

However if I just restart the services then 75% of the phones come up and the rest take 15 to 20 minutes.

I am not sure how to set lower time manually could you please help me with that.

Thanks

4. Ram!

Hi Leejor,

I checked the phone settings and found that Register Expires is set to 120 seconds, this was one phone of some which had issues.

I dont understand why this phone had issues as time is set for 2 minutes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

120 seconds is a very low value to be using for re-registration, it may be the default of the device. What I have found, with a number of devices, is that while 3CX attempts to specify the re-registration time as about 30 minutes, some devices, even though they will accept this and acknowledge, do not reflect this when the settings are examined. In many cases the original, default settings show up.

You can change the re-registration time to a lower (than 30 minutes but too low will cause additional traffic on the network. if Your sets were POE, then it would simply be a matter of shutting off the switch that powers the sets, for a moment.

It sound as if you need to resolve the issue with your provider.

6. Ram!

Sure

Thanks for your help

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re-edited last post...had seconds, when it should have been minutes..oops

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.