Phones Tab - No Phones Detected

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aberry, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aberry

aberry New Member

New install on Win 10 - Cannot get any phones to be detected in the phones tab. Phones are SNOM D765, newest firmware. If I manually configure a phone, it will show properly after registration. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Windows Firewall "OFF" ?
    Does computer have Dual Network connections, ie: Ethernet and WiFi? Be sure to turn secondary connections off - WIFI.

Any other network changes?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Given that it works when manually provisioned, my guess would be that the server "location", being sent in the auto provisioning file, is incorrect. Which suggests, that when you first installed 3CX, there was a error made in the datafill for how the server would be contacted... FQDN, local IP, etc.

4. aberry

aberry New Member

Firewall is turned off, bluetooth adapter and wifi card are disabled. This is running on one of the new Intel NUCs. This is for a new site, and I have a large site running on a server 2012r2 VM that has never caused any issues.

Phones and 3CX v15 SP2 are plugged into the same switch, same subnet, etc. Any other idead?

5. aberry

aberry New Member

good call leejor, let me check into that. Although, that should only effect provisioning right? Would that make it so that the phones don't even show up on the list?

6. JStellato

We have experienced this same issue with SP2. I've done 3 NEW phone installs in the past week, and we always stage the system ahead of time. At the first setup we determined using the DNS name caused a problem even when resolution works perfectly. Today we setup a new system in a controlled environment using the IP Address of the PBX rather than the DNS name. This did not work either. Phones no longer auto show up, we have to go into each phone and manually put in the provisioning link. This is using Yealink T48G, T46G, T42G phones on the latest firmware.

This did properly work in version 14.

7. computer170

I've been evaluating 3cx the last couple weeks and have installed it 4 or 5 times and had a different experience every time.
    The first time no phones would show up. A later attempt I got both Snom and Yealink to work. On my last attempt Yealink's worked at first, but Snom's were initially being discovered, but never got provisioned. I removed a Yealink from an extension and attempted to re-provision it as a different extension and now that extension no longer shows up.
    I had better experience not using internal DNS and leaving it with IP.
    This has been on a mixture of 2012R2 and 8.1 test boxes. Firewall off, HP switches have IGMP on.

8. aberry

aberry New Member

Well, i fought with the system for a while, but could never get the phones to show. I reloaded the system with Win7 stock, no firewall changes, then installed 3CX and told it to restore from backup. As soon as the web server came up phones started showing up. Windows 10 compatibility issue maybe?

9. JStellato

I have used both Windows Server 2012 R2 Latest Patch and Windows 10 Anniversary Update, both experience the same issue.

10. kingnothing

I am currently setting up my first 3CX Version 15 on Windows 7 machine. I have Yealink phones, and the T46 will auto provision, but I cannot get the T48 to provision either auto or manually. Any advice would be appriciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.