Phones that support the 3CX Tunnel (3CX v9)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fatboy40, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I've looked around but can't find the following, a list of phones that support the 3CX Tunnel (3CX v9).

I'd like to setup some remote/home users, and so that I've got my bases covered tunnel support would be an added benefit.

Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As far as I know, only the 3CX softphone and 3CX proxy server support the tunnel. 3CX Softphones developed for mobile devices may also be a possibility.

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Theoretically any phone that does SIP properly supports the 3CX tunnel, having said that if you do mean ones that have implemented then there is no hardphone with this feature available, as its only a 3CX feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

There are two ways to support your requirement. One is to use the 3CX tunnel proxy. Please see http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/sip-proxy-manager/ The other is to use routers that support VPNs - such as Draytek 2820 routers. I have found both methods to work well. The advantage with the VPN is that you can use any phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

VPN works well but it needs to be configured correctly, it is also NOT the supported means of connecting, but 3CX do help users in getting it up and running when they can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.