• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phones will not re-register without reset over VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMDTerry

Premier Customer
Reaction score
I just installed a new 3CX server and 60 t42g's across 4 locations. 3 locations have been flawless but they are also all on a 100m fiber ethernet link. Our 4th location has a 20/20m fiber link but not on the ENS circuit so they come in via a PTP VPN. The SIP AGL on our Firewalls have been disabled, each endpoint is a fortigate.

On initial setup i just manually set the provisioning url and the phones worked fine. The first issue came when I change some BLF settings. The phones unregistered and would not re-register. I can ping them from the server, and get to the phone's web council just fine. Everything looks fine from what I see but they will not work until I factory reset them and manually put in the provisioning URL. Second time it happened i took the VPN down for a setting change the phones did the same thing once the tunnel was back up.

Any Ideas? I am fairly new to VOIP but get the basics. I don't really want to have to reset the phones every time I need to make a change or there is a network interruption. The 3cx logs don't show anything about the phones trying to register, and the phone logs show this:

Jan 12 17:58:44 sua [486]: DLG <6+info > [000] Content-Length: 0^M
Jan 12 17:58:44 sua [486]: DLG <6+info > [000] ^M
Jan 12 17:58:44 sua [486]: DLG <6+info > [000]
Jan 12 17:58:44 sua [486]: NET <5+notice> [000] ===>>>> UDP socket 10.1.1.18:5060: send 554 bytes
Jan 12 17:58:44 sua [486]: DLG <6+info > [000] cb_nict_kill_transaction (id=7)^M
Jan 12 17:58:44 sua [486]: SUA <6+info > [000] ****eCore event:(0x0002)ECORE_REGISTRATION_FAILURE ****
Jan 12 17:58:44 sua [486]: REG <4+warnin> [000] Register: no responser, server id:0
Jan 12 17:58:44 sua [486]: DLG <5+notice> [000] Release a terminated transaction
Jan 12 17:58:44 sua [486]: APP <5+notice> [SIP] linestatus lid:0, enable=1, tick=0, old_status:1, new_status:3

I'm going to try setting up the 3CX SBC, Forward DHCP so everyone gets the provisioning url and mess with multicast forwarding across the tunnel to see if it helps, but i am open to suggestions. Thanks for your time.

Hello @MMDTerry

As you have 3 sites that are running without issue and only one has these issues i would look at that site for any difference in configuration.
The phones are provisioned as local extensions?
While the phones are registered and working if you hit reprovision on one from the management console does that work?

The only thing different with that location is that they are connected via ipsec vpn. All phones are provisioned as local extensions. I will try to reprovision from the web admin and see if it works.

Hi,

You need to create a blackhole rule in your static rule on each firewall.

There is on both devices.

config system settings
set default-voip-alg-mode kernel-helper based
end

sip and rtp helper/agl's are off on both endpoints. Oddly enough i updated the firmware on both fortigates to 5.4 and now it will allow me to reprovision from the 3cx web council. I'm going to simulate a outage by taking down the tunnel tonight and see if they will re-register on their own.

bumping this back up. I installed a polycom conference phones and it does the same thing at that location so its not a yealink issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.