• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

php_ldap.dll needed - Cisco 7960 accessing ldap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnaud

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to make a setup to allow my Cisco 7960 phones to get the directory automatically from an LDAP server (process described here http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/CISCO+LDAP+XML+Directory).
I'm trying to run the ldap server on the same PC as 3CX, because this is the only server I have running 24x7.
The ldap server itself (OpenDS) runs fine, I can access the address book using outlook from my laptop.

The php script to be used by the directory button on the IP-phone does however require php_ldap.dll, something I'm strungling getting to function. It didn't come with the 3CX PHP version.
From php.net I've downloaded the complete php zip file (version 5.2.5.5), which includes the required files php_ldap.dll, libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. Loading them causes problem though, because the version mismatch with php version coming with 3CX (5.1.4.4). Is there a way to get those newer version of the dll files to work with the older PHP version ? Or would someone here be able to send me the mentioned files in 5.1.4.4 versions ?

I don't want to upgrade the complete PHP installation itself, because that could break my 3CX setup, and could also lead to a lot more work each time a 3CX upgrade is available (I realize the piece I'm doing now would need to be done each time already).

Thanks,
Arnaud

I found the 5.1.4.4 version of php_ldap on http://museum.php.net/php5/. With this version ldap is starting without errors, and php can connect to the ldap server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.