Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

phpshield.dll and php_cmstatus.dll

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by psykomotor, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psykomotor

This is a real long shot, but could I get a version of phpshield.dll and php_cmstatus.dll compiled for php 5.2.4 ?

I'd like to prove the concept of running IIS + PHP along with 3CX (not an uncommon situation for users of 3CX surely ?) - and I've gotten as far as actually seeing the login page and even the side bar, with a little modification to the php files. The problem is while I may not mind so much running the extra Apache server with its own PHP install, it doesn't seem to be possible with a PATH environment variable pointing to the existing PHP directory, so a compatible solution is needed.

Most extensions needed by 3CX are all available for PHP 5.2.4, but the 3CX proprietary ones, which hold functionality essential for the 3CX management console are not - hence being unable to 'share' the existing PHP install between IIS and 3CX's Apache. The same fix would also be valid for running an alongside and existing Apache server, i'd imagine.

To clarify what I have in mind :

- Existing PHP 5.2.4 and IIS6 are on server
    - 3CX is installed
    - 3CX Apache adapted to use existing PHP Installation by setting the LoadModule and PhpIniDir directives in httpd.conf
    - Existing PHP has phpshield.dll and php_cmstatus.dll added to its extension dir, and registered in its php.ini
    - After rebooting the services, everything should work fine.

I have proved the concept up this point, and now the Apache log is showing that PHP is giving a startup error for these two dll files, in that they have been compiled against a different version of the module API. As previous stated though, it is comfortably using the existing install of PHP, its just the web admin fails because it cannot find certain functions that i'd imagine are defined in these extensions.

2. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Unfortunately this is not possible. It would require testing and we cannot commit resources to testing something like this when our roadmap has committed us to provide more functionality to our users.

The correct installation approach is to have separate PHP installations.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. psykomotor

Ok, I can understand that - If there was any way to get the source to do it myself I would be happy to - I know my way round most languages. I can see why this would be quite difficult and undesirable however, so again, its a long shot :p.

To clarify, the overall direction I would be moving to is running the web admin via IIS, which bar maybe a few apache specific calls in the php files (they can always be emulated) I'd imagine would work quite well, but I thought it best to take small steps and get the Apache/IIS combo running first - which is the easier option for now.

I think for me as a 'Windows' PBX, targeted at those who do probably own a server or two, the ability to co-exist smoothly and with the smallest footprint would be beneficial.

As for having 2 PHP installations, I am quite happy to do that, but is there a manual for getting it to work on windows 2003 server ? The PATH (and even PHPRC) environment variables suggest that this cannot be done ?

Thanks in advance.

4. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Regarding simultaneous PHP install scenarios:

It is outside the scope of this forum to go into detail here, but one definite good starting point is ensuring that both installation are using their own separate path locations to store their files, and ensuring that the "php.ini" file each install loads is the correct one. One thing to avoid to achieve this for example, is having the "php.ini" file inside c:\windows, for example.

This simple step alone is likely to make things work almost certainly without additional work.

I cannot help any further here - too much to do with the 3CX Phone System as it is ;)

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.