• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Pick up a incoming call from a Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansu2723

Reaction score
Hi,

If someone is calling us they will be placed in a call queue. I got 2 members in that queue. One of the extensions will ring on an incoming call. BUT how do I do if I want to pick up that call on the other extension?

If someone calls direct to a extension I can pick up the call from another extension by dialing *20*. But this doesnt work wit the queues.

Please help me.

Hi,

I'm not sure you can pickup a call in this way, what you should do is use the 3CX assitant and put yourself in the management group. then you can drag and drop a call you yourself from the queue.

Alternatively, try a *20* on the number of the queue, rather than the extension. This works for calls in a ring group but I've never tried it on a queue.

The 3CX Assistant would still be the best option though.

Hope this helps.

Emmet.

Why don't you place both lines in a ring group that is set to ring both at the same time?

The reason is that I want my customers to wait in the queue and get a message of their position in the queue.

And the reason that I want to be able to pick up a call from the queue is that we move around a lot in the office and if Im not at my desk someone else will get the call.

Is it possible? It is posible to pick up a call in a ring group by pressing *20*

It is possiblt to pick up a call from a ring group but you must dial *20* and the number of the ring group not the extension number which is ringing.

I was thinking about this last night...If you only have two lines in the queue then what about making each line the same extension number. Set the options so that the busy status is set by the line not but the PBX. If a call comes in then both sets should ring. If one is on a call and another comes in then it should go to the other, idle set. You'd have to have a unique number on an an additional key, if a multi-line set, for the caller ID to identify each person on outgoing internal calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.