• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Pick up any ringing call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Howard

Reaction score
Apologies if this is simple but it's got me stumped. I have 35 users on 3CX ver15. Users are using Yealink T46g handsets.
I need to program one of the DSS keys to pick up any ringing call. I have found the page on the phone to assign functions to the DSS keys. There is even a Direct pick up and Group Pick up option. But if I ring an adjacent DDI I cannot hook the call.
I'm aware that *20* plus the extension number will apparently work, but this is not good enough. It's a big open office and not always obvious which extension or DDI is ringing. I need an option to hook any ringing phone.
Can anyone shed a little light on how to program this?

You need to check the Group Rights under Groups - You probably have one group 'DEFAULT' , you need to check Group Rights. You need 'Perform operations on active calls to group members (divert, transfer, pickup)' permissions

You can also check this, under Extensions - Edit - Rights

Assign Custom speed dial *20* to DSS key

Thank you! I had assigned that right to Managers, but not Users!

Does the attached image look correct?

Attachments

• 12-07-2017 17-11-22.jpg
    12-07-2017 17-11-22.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 281
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.