Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Pick up any ringing call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Matt Howard, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Howard

Apologies if this is simple but it's got me stumped. I have 35 users on 3CX ver15. Users are using Yealink T46g handsets.
    I need to program one of the DSS keys to pick up any ringing call. I have found the page on the phone to assign functions to the DSS keys. There is even a Direct pick up and Group Pick up option. But if I ring an adjacent DDI I cannot hook the call.
    I'm aware that *20* plus the extension number will apparently work, but this is not good enough. It's a big open office and not always obvious which extension or DDI is ringing. I need an option to hook any ringing phone.
    Can anyone shed a little light on how to program this?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

3. Matt Howard

Many thanks for the steer.

Is there an obvious reason why this feature isn't working? Or - perhaps more pertinent - how do I program this feature to one of the DSS keys?

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

You need to check the Group Rights under Groups - You probably have one group 'DEFAULT' , you need to check Group Rights. You need 'Perform operations on active calls to group members (divert, transfer, pickup)' permissions

You can also check this, under Extensions - Edit - Rights

Assign Custom speed dial *20* to DSS key

5. Matt Howard

Thank you! I had assigned that right to Managers, but not Users!

Does the attached image look correct?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.