Pick up any ringing call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Matt Howard, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Howard

Apologies if this is simple but it's got me stumped. I have 35 users on 3CX ver15. Users are using Yealink T46g handsets.
    I need to program one of the DSS keys to pick up any ringing call. I have found the page on the phone to assign functions to the DSS keys. There is even a Direct pick up and Group Pick up option. But if I ring an adjacent DDI I cannot hook the call.
    I'm aware that *20* plus the extension number will apparently work, but this is not good enough. It's a big open office and not always obvious which extension or DDI is ringing. I need an option to hook any ringing phone.
    Can anyone shed a little light on how to program this?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

3. Matt Howard

Many thanks for the steer.

Is there an obvious reason why this feature isn't working? Or - perhaps more pertinent - how do I program this feature to one of the DSS keys?

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

You need to check the Group Rights under Groups - You probably have one group 'DEFAULT' , you need to check Group Rights. You need 'Perform operations on active calls to group members (divert, transfer, pickup)' permissions

You can also check this, under Extensions - Edit - Rights

Assign Custom speed dial *20* to DSS key

5. Matt Howard

Thank you! I had assigned that right to Managers, but not Users!

Does the attached image look correct?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.