Pick-up group feature

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daugau, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daugau

Please let me know if 3CX Phone system have pick-up group feature. Thanks in advance.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We already have a ring group feature? Please explain what you mean by pick up groups...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. daugau

For example, A is calling B, but B is not in the office. C can dial a prefix to pick-up the call from A then talk to A.

4. dionh

Hunt groups are designed to provide a service where incoming calls appear on a targeted group of telephones called a Hunt group. When you designate a Hunt group, you define the group as a unique EXT. This EXT receives and distributes calls to the telephones assigned to the group.

Calls are distributed in either a Broadcast,Linear or Rotary mode.

Pick-up groups or call pick-ups : allow the end user to pick a call ringing on another EXT.
    The user must belong to the pickup group to enable them to pick up the call normally by dialing a code like *8 or #123 also known as feature codes.

Dion

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

We're planning to support call pickup by our Call Assistant program. It is near future plan.
    We're still thinking about necessity of implementation of special keycodes (dialed from phone) to control PBX. (Like conventional call pickup does). Since it would be much easier to perform such actions using Call Assistant, we don't think it's a good idea to force user to remember and manually dial special codes for call pickup and similar features.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Archie,

Is there any progress or road map for call pick up groups?. I have a support team in a ring group configured to hunt, and on occassion, we are going to need the functionality to pick those calls up (say said engineer has gone to the kitchen to make a cup of tea). I am surprised this feature has not been implement yet.
    If you get the chance to read this post, any update on Call Pick Up groups and 3CX managing DND would be appreciated.

I think you have a great application, and I know it is implementing features based on requirements and not necessarily listening to the old world of PBXes, but, call pick even if the call is in a hunt group.

Any pointers on workaround would be appreciated also. Our implementation level is pretty much a Support desk environment, so we're going to be the most intensive user ourselves and really get to the edge of what the 3CX can do. Our clients fortunately will be happy making, receiving calls, voice mail, transfering, with a call group being an advance configuration for them. For us, a ring group is staple.

Appreciate any update, pointers or a confirmation that we will see this in the near future.

Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.