Picking up "other" extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by imabev, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imabev

This has been a bit of a culture shock for some of our users. As much as I would like them to move forward they are very reluctant to. Currently when a call comes in to our Avaya (old) phone system an incoming call is answered and put on hold and the users 'yells' to another user 'pick up line x'. Is there any way to duplicate this behavior with 3CX?

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You can use BLF's

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. imabev

Will just a BLF do it? I have BLFs now. If extension A answers a call and put is on hold, extension B cannot pickup that held extension.

4. jpillow

Yes you have the shared park extensions/feature so you can park a call, and someone else can pick the call up from another estension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The BLF needs to be programemd as SP0, SP1, SP2, etc. Some phones require you to transfer to SPx to put on hold. Then the user can hit the SPx on the other end to pick it up.

6. imabev

For whatever reason I was unable to get my head around this but with your help and jpillow I think I got it....On the Yealink t28 I just set button 5 and 6 as the sp. All we need to do is push the button to trasnfer to/from the parking slot. Since "shared parking" is foreign to traditional pbx users I renamed them as "Line 1" and "Line 2" and everyone seems to get it.

I just need good records - I have 12 departments and I assume they all need separate shared parking extensions just so they dont overlap with each other.

7. craigreilly

You have like 50 SP's in v11. And with the Yealinks using them is a breeze.
    We have just 5 that are accessible to the entire building (about 60 people). We tend to just transfer calls most of the time and the user decides what should happen.
    I have noticed, if I recall, that if you have dial tone, you can not pick up a park. So, you need to keep the phone in the cradle and hit the SP button to pick up, or after you pick up cradle, hit CANCEL to drop the line, and then SP to pick up the park.

I would love to see a feature with AutoPark. User calls and gets someones VM. They can say "I am in the building, but not at my desk. To have me paged, hit 1 and you will be put on hold." They goto a SP cue. System pages you with your recorded name "'Tom Jones' you have a call on Park x". If you do not answer within like 60 seconds, it says "User is not available, please leave a message"...

8. craigreilly

By the way... our traditional PBX had these " Shared Parks" too... We had "Lines" where incoming calls came that the receptionist answered, and Parks where she put them while looking for someone. So, maybe just your system didn't have them and wasn't configured to use them - or the isntaller never told you about the availability. :eek:

9. jpillow

All my clients who are use to having lines and don quite understand "SIP Trunks" I usually just automatically use shared park and tell them this is line 1,2,3etc.... Some people hate/fear change of any kind especially with their phones.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.