• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Picking up Softphone while phone is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sampl

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

When the 3cx app is running on the background it will not pick up the incoming call, it will switch to the app but not pickup. i can see the person calling on screen but it does not pickup, and the person that is calling will keep calling untill the voicemail is activated

When the phone is locked i cant pickup the incoming call. it will just keep ringing and untill i unloack the phone i will not be able to pickup the call.

when the app is on screen or behind another app (not closed) it will pickup any and all incoming calls.

is this a bug with the update? or is it a setting on my part. cant figure it out.
I have replicated on all mobiles in our company from Galaxy J16 to the galaxy 8 and the newest iPhone.

Hello @Sampl

So i can understand the scenario correctly, Push works, you can see the incoming call on the mobile device but there is no option to pick up the call? Is the app coming to the foreground when an incoming call arrives? What do you mean by "the 3cx app is running on the background" ? Did you close the app with the Exit option?

What PBX version are you running and what is the version of the 3CX clients so i can try and replicate?

Hi @YiannisH_3CX

What happens exactly is this.

The app will always come to the foreground when it is being called, no problem there :)

When the phone is locked we are not able to press accept call until it is unlocked even after unlocking while being called it will not pickup the call it will only silence the ringing of the phone being called. You are able to press decline. even after the caller stops calling the screen of the phone being called will still say you are being called

When the app is closed (not exited or shut down but visible in open apps list) so it just runs on the background we can press accept call and then it silences the ringing but it does not pickup the call, the name of the caller will be displayed on screen until that person hangs up or gets the voicemail because the caller will still hear the tone that the number being ringed. again pressing decline is not a problem here.

when the app is on screen there is no problem at all

the app version is v15.5.240
our server is v15.5.8801.3

Last edited:
Can you tell me the exact models of the phones you are using and what Android version they are running? I have tried replicating your issue but i was not able. Under every scenario i can answer the call properly.

Hi @YiannisH_3CX,

The very next day it sort of stopped happening for me but there were still a few others that were having it. after doing some more testing i can blame our WiFi. it takes about 10 to 15 seconds before the app actually establishes the connection on incoming calls, very painful. I have pretty much done everything i know to optimize our wireless connections.

We have 5 UAP AC Pro's in our office.
I have put all our AP's on their own channel also making sure it is not being used by another AP or company. i gave them a dedicated route, so just the AP's and temporarily disconnected the surveillance camera's. It improved with a few seconds but not nearly enough and outwards calls stopped timing out now.. it will still take around the 8 or 9 seconds for the app to get thru to make a connection out and around the 12 sec to accept incoming calls after pressing accept call. when on 4G it is almost instant. including on our other sites it is only here at our offices.
The airwaves here are pretty congested. i counted around the 17 wireless SSID's that are not ours but none are using our channels, Might someone know what else i can do to optimize our wireless connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.