• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Picking up voicemail from any extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngiovas

Reaction score
I currently have my system setup in my home/home office so that all phones ring when a call comes in. If there is no answer after 20 seconds, it goes to a voicemail box for one of the extensions (200). I receive a notification on that phone that there is a message and I can retrieve it by dialing "999", but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there any way to retrieve the messages from any phone by simply dialing "999" and inputting the correct PIN?

2. Is there any way to program a SIP phone to indicate a message has been received on this other extension?

Thanks,
Nick

Answer to number 1, not really (at least not one that I've found) as 3CX knows which extension you are dialling from and sends you to that mail box. A NO for question 2, MWI will only show up on the extension(s) that have a message waiting. This sort of thing would require some sort of Group Mailbox, of which, at this point, there is none, unfortunately.

What you could do is put extension 200 on a set of cordless phones (3 or 4 DECT phones)and place them a various places around the house, all would flash the MWI when someone had left a message.

I thought you could dial the voicemail from any extension, when it asks for the PIN, press *. It will then ask for an extension and password.

I could be mistaken, but I know I can check VM for one mailbox from any phone on the system using V8.

I haven't looked into that in-depth as I only have one extension with active voicemail. If I dial 999 from any other extension that has VM enabled (but never used) I'm told that there are no messages. No request for a pin or mailbox number.

Hi,

You can dial into voicemail from any extension, quite simply actually.

1. Dial 999
2. (when it ask for pin) slam the #key
3. It will then ask for the extension number followed by Pin code. And you in :)

As to question 2 the simplest answer I can give is that you cant, but depending on the phone You have I will be glad to take a closer look into it, please note if you opt for this your MWI indicator will no longer show the messages of your own inbox. If this is even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.