• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Pickup calls without seeing active calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogie

Reaction score
Hello,
In 3CX V12 you can only pickup calls with dial code *20* inside your extension group if you can see all active calls of the group.
This is a major datasecurity concern inside our company, because we don't want people to see how long they talk to which number, but need the the possibility to pick up their calls if they aren't available.

Is there any solution for this? Hide the active calls, but still be able to pickup calls only for your own group?

thanks in advance
Doogie

Then use a queue or ring group.

Thank you for your reply,
unfortunatly, I can't see how ring groups or queue can solve our problem.
We have about 200+ extensions, usually four people per room.
Each one has his/her own extension

If one colleague is not at his desk, ANY of the remaining three should be manually able to pick up incoming calls, but they should NOT see active calls when their colleagues are on the phone with someone else.

So, how could a queue or ring group be of any help in this scenario?

I don't know what phones you are using, but in this scenario, I'd use a 'directed' pick-up on DSS keys on something like a Yealink T41P phone, or speed dial addresses on a Cisco SPA type phone.
For example, if I'm a member of your group of four ... I'm ext. 201, and the others are 202, 203 & 204 ...
In your set -up, I'd have my SPA504G phone configured so that I had three speed-dials set up e.g. 7, 8, & 9 - each with the following sequences:
s'dial 7 = *20*201
s'dial 8 = *20*202
s'dial 9 = *20*203

With that configured, I'd just need to press e.g. 9, then pick up the handset to pick up a ringing call on my colleague's extension 203.

This can be done for each user and each group ... It's pretty much impossible to provision from 3CX, and will take a lot of manual config' work on the phones, but it will do what you want ...

[BLF keys on the Yealink phones are brilliant for this, and can be provisioned out of each extension profile ...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.